I don't care.  I shouldn't even be reading this
15 (22.1%)
Mildy dislike/make occasional pot shot
7 (10.3%)
It's like the Bataan Death March with school girls
16 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Razgovory

I have endeavored to create a fair and non-biased poll.  It starts at the top for anime fans and at the bottom is for haters like me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

It's okay on occasion.  I do like Studio Ghibli.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I loathe it with a passion. When I saw my first catgirl recently out in the real world, my bile glands exploded.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I've watched one anime film in my life: Appleseed.  I only watched it because my brother bugged the living shit out of me to, saying it was "amazing" and such.

It was ok, but I didn't find myself compelled to watch more anime afterward.  Part of the issue for me, I think, is that the prevailing style of drawing anime characters doesn't at all appeal to me (the whole BESM thing).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Its a medium, not a genre.
Just like American live action films there is the great, the OK, the bad and the bloody awful.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

I like CB. That's about it. It's the writing and the music more than the anime medium. I don't care if something is animated if it's well-written. Too often the two don't go together.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2009, 12:29:48 PM
Its a medium, not a genre.
Just like American live action films there is the great, the OK, the bad and the bloody awful.

It's a style, not a medium.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DisturbedPervert

I like Studio Ghibli films a lot.  Never watched anything else for more than 10 minutes.

jimmy olsen

"It's like the Bataan Death March with school girls"

You're obviously a fan of "Battle Royale"! :w00t:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2009, 12:26:56 PM
I have endeavored to create a fair and non-biased poll.  It starts at the top for anime fans and at the bottom is for haters like me.

QuoteIt satiates my fantasy to be the Roman Polanski of Squid demons

:lmfao:

Raz, do you need a dictionary?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2009, 12:39:29 PM
"It's like the Bataan Death March with school girls"

You're obviously a fan of "Battle Royale"! :w00t:

God, I'd like to put you in Dachau.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Somewhere between 3 and 4 with a smidge of 2.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I don't dislike anime as a whole...really I'm rather indifferent. What I do hate are anime fans. Yeah I'm looking at you, Tim 1 and Tim 2. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I like some anime and manga. I hate cos play animetards who can't think of anything else.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Before I forget...

Thanks for posting this poll Raz, as it will provide the data and statistics I was asking for the other day.

Provisionally, based on early results, it appears I did the general population of Languish a disservice when I came up with my own estimates, for which I apologise.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."