Mildy dislike/make occasional pot shot
7 (10.3%)
It's like the Bataan Death March with school girls
16 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2009, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2009, 02:21:29 PM
My indifference to anime is underwhelming...

Walk into a Barnes and Noble, and watch the anime/maga fags near the manga shelf. Your blood will boil.

Meh.  I'm not exactly a People Person to start with, so differentiating between these peeps & all of the other types of peeps that really, really need to stay out of my personal space on my annual trip to the mall isn't really a big priority to me...

Caliga

At the Barnes and Noble near my office, the shelves housing the anime shit are always totally empty.  That B&N is however a hot chick magnet, for reasons completely unknown to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
At the Barnes and Noble near my office, the shelves housing the anime shit are always totally empty.  That B&N is however a hot chick magnet, for reasons completely unknown to me.

Got a college nearby? The one I roam around in is near Wright State.

The chick employees fall under Ed's rules though:

Almost all bookstore chick workers are dogs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

The employees tend to be old ladies at that particular B&N who look like they are giant hippies who have 10 cats at home.

It's not really near any colleges so.... wait.... colleges, in Kentucky?  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2009, 02:40:48 PM
The employees tend to be old ladies at that particular B&N who look like they are giant hippies who have 10 cats at home.

It's not really near any colleges so.... wait.... colleges, in Kentucky?  :rolleyes:

HYUK, HYUK.

Mr.Penguin

Judging from what I see in the two main comic store here in Copenhagen (Fantask and Faraos Cigarer) are 90% of the manga readers in Denmark female, in their late teens and early 20's, most of them quite good looking...

Anime I am not so sure about, it doesnt really seem to sell that good, guess it becourse most hard core anime fans download the stuff from the internet... 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Lettow77

My appreciation for anime is well documented. I'd have voted for the first option, were it not for the ridiculous nature of its phrasing.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on September 29, 2009, 03:01:20 PM
Judging from what I see in the two main comic store here in Copenhagen (Fantask and Faraos Cigarer) are 90% of the manga readers in Denmark female, in their late teens and early 20's, most of them quite good looking...

Anime I am not so sure about, it doesnt really seem to sell that good, guess it becourse most hard core anime fans download the stuff from the internet... 
And all at once a million young nerds in the rest of the world cried out in pain 'Why oh why can't I be Danish'
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2009, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2009, 12:39:29 PM
"It's like the Bataan Death March with school girls"

You're obviously a fan of "Battle Royale"! :w00t:

God, I'd like to put you in Dachau.

x2
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DisturbedPervert

Battle Royale isn't anime, it's a film, and it's awesome.  I bet most everyone here would like it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 29, 2009, 04:16:05 PM
Battle Royale isn't anime, it's a film, and it's awesome.  I bet most everyone here would like it.

Maybe, but I still want to send Tim into an oven.

jimmy olsen

It was a novel that was adopted into a manga. :contract: 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

I like the Gundams.  Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed: Destiny and I'll probably like the new Gundam 00.

In the past, I did like Captain Harlock (Albator) and Goldrake (Goldorak), but then I was a kid, so its normal ;)

I've seen Blood+, didn't really like it.
I've seen a couple others, but generally speaking, I'm a fan of sci-fi, so naturally sci-fi stuff has more appeal to me than demon fighting ninjas.

Can't stand the little schoolgirls having sex with tentacled monsters though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2009, 04:21:15 PM

Pssst... you're not helping your case there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2009, 04:21:15 PM

Oh.  Well, the film is awesome.