And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 06:55:56 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 27, 2009, 06:51:52 PM
Nor do you see me in "walking around in furry ears with a Hello Kitty backpack", for the record. :D

"We don't know!"

Of course not - I'm not plastering the internet with pictures of me for crazies, or even worse, future employers, to see. :P

Trust me. The only connection I've ever had to anything furry was reading Sav's story.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2009, 06:54:18 PM
Tim is suprisingly old. 27 or something IIRC.

I'm 34, approaching 35 far too fast... :(

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 06:43:58 PM
Fuck you.  I was into Speed Racer, Marine Boy and Kimba The White Lion back in 1974 with StarBlazers in the early '80s, but you don't see me walking around in furry ears with a Hello Kitty backpack.  Animetards like you give anime a worse name.

Indeed.
Anime- there's some pretty good stuff there. Its a medium not a genre afterall.
Anime fans- idiotic swine. How the hell can you have a fan of a medium? Its like proclaiming yourself to love all live action US film....

Good point. There is, of course, some pretty good stuff, a lot of average to mediocre stuff, and a proportion of generic crap. Most of the best anime I have viewed seem to have been based on Japanese novels (mainly of the "light" type) so you could say it's not even a particularly creative genre/medium.

I also agree that, given its breadth of subject matter, medium is probably a better term than genre. Still it's not completely correct as animation is the medium, with anime as a particular subset of it. I can't think of a word for something between a genre and a medium though.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Its like proclaiming yourself to love all live action US film....
Habsburg is going to beat the shit out of you.  Insofar as he does that sort of thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 27, 2009, 04:39:51 PM
Get in line, buddy.

Speaking of avatars, yours sucks as well.  Everyone knows the straight guy in it just hasn't had a chance to suck cock yet.

It was Marcin's price for peace after I made my avatar one of the shirtless pics he keeps sending me so I can tell him how thin and toned he is. Fireblade called him fat and he was depressed for two weeks.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on September 27, 2009, 07:28:30 PMIt was Marcin's price for peace after I made my avatar one of the shirtless pics he keeps sending me so I can tell him how thin and toned he is. Fireblade called him fat and he was depressed for two weeks.

Jesus Christ, he's still trying to bang you after all these years.  Even after AnchorClanker's fag buddy popped your ass cherry.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 09:24:11 PM
Jesus Christ, he's still trying to bang you after all these years.  Even after AnchorClanker's fag buddy popped your ass cherry.

I think TES did that to FB. Jaron is still a recluse.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Hey Jaron, you still dating Miss Moral Majority?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Agelastus on September 27, 2009, 07:10:38 PM
Trust me. The only connection I've ever had to anything furry was reading Sav's story.
Not true.  I remember some story thing at KAPland.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Martinus

I must say that after reading reactions of Polish media and filmmaking circles (OMG HE IS A GREAT DIRECTOR HE SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE) and the Polish government (which, nb, on Friday announced its great success in combating pedophilia by adopting one of the most draconic anti-pedophilia laws in Europe, with penalties up to and including "chemical castration), which is now trying to get Polanski released, I am beginning to side with the people who say he should be brought to justice.

Fucking hypocrites.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 28, 2009, 05:18:13 AM
I must say that after reading reactions of Polish media and filmmaking circles (OMG HE IS A GREAT DIRECTOR HE SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE) and the Polish government (which, nb, on Friday announced its great success in combating pedophilia by adopting one of the most draconic anti-pedophilia laws in Europe, with penalties up to and including "chemical castration), which is now trying to get Polanski released, I am beginning to side with the people who say he should be brought to justice.

Fucking hypocrites.

Oh, that's right, I forgot you were big on the kiddie-fucking, too.

Jaron

No, he just finds it..provacative he can fit a childs entire foot inside his mouth and still have enough room to seal his lips around the ankle.