News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sahib

Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2009, 11:35:52 AM
Not exactly what happened. He fed her qualudes and champaign in a hot tub until she was near comatose, and then had sex with her. She was 13. He was 44. They did not know one another prior to his hiring her to be his model for a magazine shoot, and throughout the first shoot he fondled her and touched her inappropriately. The second shoot - at Jack Nicholson's house while Jack was away - it was intentionally just the two of them. He went at this with the intent of having sex with her (she was a virgin, by the way).

I'd say that makes him a predator, and if it were anyone else, no one would have pity on the guy.

Was he a member of: seduction community
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Zanza

He's a criminal and should have faced justice long ago.

The Brain

Quote from: Sahib on September 27, 2009, 11:42:55 AM
Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2009, 11:35:52 AM
Not exactly what happened. He fed her qualudes and champaign in a hot tub until she was near comatose, and then had sex with her. She was 13. He was 44. They did not know one another prior to his hiring her to be his model for a magazine shoot, and throughout the first shoot he fondled her and touched her inappropriately. The second shoot - at Jack Nicholson's house while Jack was away - it was intentionally just the two of them. He went at this with the intent of having sex with her (she was a virgin, by the way).

I'd say that makes him a predator, and if it were anyone else, no one would have pity on the guy.

Was he a member of: seduction community

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2009, 11:03:52 AM
This is retarded to arrest someone on a 30-year-old warrant, perhaps with the exception of stuff like genocide or war crimes. In fact, I don't think that would be even legal in Poland.

So, hundreds of raped 13 year olds would qualify, but not 1, right?  Uh huh.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2009, 11:08:14 AM
Oh who would have thought, one Polish sexual deviant defends another.

Hey, it has to be hard when one of your nation's few cultural icons likes to have sex with children.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2009, 11:58:35 AM

Hey, it has to be hard when one of your nation's few cultural icons likes to have sex with children.

The Muslims get bye.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2009, 12:01:57 PM
The Muslims get bye.

Really? I thought the generation notion was that they get really angry and upset.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

He is hardly a cultural icon here. Most Poles consider him a run-away Jew.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2009, 12:04:22 PM

I've no idea, just noticed that the two Poles here, leapt to his defense.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2009, 12:01:57 PM

The Muslims get bye.

Yeah, but they're still 1-3, and play against the Steelers next week.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2009, 12:04:22 PM

Hmmm, that's odd, what with Poland traditionally being such a hip place for Jews.

alfred russel

This is retarded to arrest someone on a 30-year-old warrant, perhaps with the exception of stuff like genocide or war crimes. In fact, I don't think that would be even legal in Poland.

So in Poland you can split the country before sentencing for rape, and then after the a certain period of time it is considered water under the bridge and you can't be arrested anymore? Fascinating--what is the typical time limit on this sort of thing? Can you get away with murder and other serious crimes through this method as well?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on September 27, 2009, 12:28:31 PM
Can you get away with murder and other serious crimes through this method as well?

If you're Russian, and you're victims are military officers, yes.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 27, 2009, 12:40:09 PM
Can you get away with murder and other serious crimes through this method as well?

If you're Russian, and you're victims are military officers, yes.

Or if you are a great director, like say James Cameron (not sure Roman Polanski's movies are popular enough to get away with murdering thousands of officers, he could probably only get away with raping them).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

So in Poland you can split the country before sentencing for rape, and then after the a certain period of time it is considered water under the bridge and you can't be arrested anymore? Fascinating--what is the typical time limit on this sort of thing? Can you get away with murder and other serious crimes through this method as well?
It's 30 years for murder, 10-20 for other felonies, depending on the type, 5 for misdemeanor. This then gets prolonged (between 5 and 10 years, depending on a type of crime) if during that period proceedings against a person are started.

Only crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide do not get treated that way. Also for crimes committed by the communist regime, this does not start running until communism ended.

I am surprised by your surprise, to be honest. We got this idea from Germany and France. In fact, I think Anglosaxon legal systems are quite unique in not having this kind of statute of limitations (at least in the West).

Are you a lawyer (I forgot). Judging from the surprise some of you guys often express at pretty universal civil law systems' institutions, it looks like you guys get no comparative legal studies at your law school at all.  :huh: