And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2009, 10:08:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 27, 2009, 10:05:52 AM
Didn't Nicholson have sex with one of his daughter's friends?
I would be shocked if he hadn't.  It's Jack Nicholson.  He can score any chick he likes.

http://www.nndb.com/people/722/000022656/
Nicholson later had a 17-year romance with Anjelica Huston, who repeatedly looked the other way while he wandered, but she finally ended their relationship when Nicholson told her he had impregnated his daughter's best friend, Rebecca Broussard.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Sahib on September 27, 2009, 10:09:16 AM
I guess USA doesn't have more recent and serious crime to care about, as they seems to have spent a lot of time and effort to snatch him up  :rolleyes:

Oddly, Polanski had been several times to Switzerland after he fled the U.S., but never had trouble with the police before.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 27, 2009, 10:14:06 AM
but she finally ended their relationship when Nicholson told her he had impregnated his daughter's best friend, Rebecca Broussard.

Fucking awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on September 27, 2009, 07:55:58 AM
Cant wait to see the so called "cultural elite" go nut over his arrest, demanding he should set free at once, becourse the Americans are nazis and the girl was a tart who deserved it...

Had it been a ordinary 44 year old man who had drug raped a 13 year old girl would the same people be calling for his balls to be cut of...
And he likely wouldn't have had his balls cut off but done a few years in jail, and had the possibility of rehabilitation, and putting it behind him. Rapists in the US get less time than copyrighted file downloaders.

Well it was rape because she was underage (and this Does Not mitigate the crime in my eyes) not because he broke into her house and beat her and raped her. He made a really bad judgment gave a kid he knew some grass etc and had sex. He should have done time for those things. He's a creepy Uncle rapist not a predator.

But he didn't. And he wasn't pursued all that hard til now. Why now? He's been to Switzerland tons of times before .
Does Old Man Polanski somehow deserve harsher treatment than the younger Polanski?

No. sentence him, suspend said sentence, move on... your long national nightmare is over.
:p

Martinus

This is retarded to arrest someone on a 30-year-old warrant, perhaps with the exception of stuff like genocide or war crimes. In fact, I don't think that would be even legal in Poland.

Martinus

Anyway, wasn't Mary thirteen when Jahweh/God fucked her?

Jesus: a fruit of a statutory rape. Nice religion you've got there. :D

Razgovory

Oh who would have thought, one Polish sexual deviant defends another.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Bluebook

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2009, 11:05:49 AM

Where did you get that information? Never heard it before.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2009, 11:03:52 AM
This is retarded to arrest someone on a 30-year-old warrant, perhaps with the exception of stuff like genocide or war crimes. In fact, I don't think that would be even legal in Poland.
You just don't know because, let's face it, you're not really a lawyer.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

It couldn't be statutory rape, since there was no law against it. :contract:

Bluebook, I hadn't heard that before either so I googled it.  It looks like that was the typical age for jewish girls to get married in that era.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Martinus:  Defeated on another point of law.  His cover blown yet again.

He should kill himself today.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

I don't think the bible said anything about God taking physical form to impregnate Mary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2009, 11:12:13 AM

It couldn't be statutory rape, since there was no law against it. :contract:

Bluebook, I hadn't heard that before either so I googled it.  It looks like that was the typical age for jewish girls to get married in that era.

Oh god, I laughed out loud reading that post.

I thought divine law and morality is absolute and god-given, and does not change, as relativists would have it.

We are not talking here about the misguided and benighted Jews. We are talking about God. Surely he knows a bit more about what is right and what is wrong, even if fallible humans living at the time do not.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 27, 2009, 10:48:48 AM
Well it was rape because she was underage (and this Does Not mitigate the crime in my eyes) not because he broke into her house and beat her and raped her. He made a really bad judgment gave a kid he knew some grass etc and had sex. He should have done time for those things. He's a creepy Uncle rapist not a predator.

Not exactly what happened. He fed her qualudes and champaign in a hot tub until she was near comatose, and then had sex with her. She was 13. He was 44. They did not know one another prior to his hiring her to be his model for a magazine shoot, and throughout the first shoot he fondled her and touched her inappropriately. The second shoot - at Jack Nicholson's house while Jack was away - it was intentionally just the two of them. He went at this with the intent of having sex with her (she was a virgin, by the way).

I'd say that makes him a predator, and if it were anyone else, no one would have pity on the guy.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...