Russian-Belarussian Wargames - "West 2009"

Started by Martinus, September 24, 2009, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 07:50:14 AM
No self respecting Kentucky Colonel should lift a hand in defense of the aggressor poles.
L2R.  The Kentuckians are roleplaying Poles to help the Russians and their little White Russian brothers out.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2009, 07:55:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 07:50:14 AM
No self respecting Kentucky Colonel should lift a hand in defense of the aggressor poles.
L2R.  The Kentuckians are roleplaying Poles to help the Russians and their little White Russian brothers out.  :)

I don't want to read. Reading is for losers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

How capable is the Polish military Marty? And idea?

I wonder if their willingness to engage in Iraq and Afghanistan was driven, at least in part, by the simple desire to get their military some combat experience.

Probably not much - not like you are going to get that much experience anyway, and it wouldn't be very good training to beat off the Russian hordes anyway.

Do the Russian even have hordes anymore?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Quote from: Fireblade on September 24, 2009, 07:40:02 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 24, 2009, 07:36:59 AM
Could the Russkie-Belarus militayr, in its current state that it's been in the last decade or so, even get past just the Polish military? They seemed more like a drunken mob invading Georgia against no resistance; contrasted with what the Red Army once was.

Russian-Georgian War = Armed mobs chasing each other around the mountains?
Yeah, perhaps, at least when the Russian troops were sober enough to do so. News reporters on the scene described drunken troops a number of times.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 24, 2009, 08:30:42 AM

Population of the Russian Federaton: 142 million

Population of the United States: 307 million

Our human waves > their human waves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Why exactly would we want to invade Russia or Belorussia?  Our supply of Vodka and mail order brides is unlikely to run low anytime soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: KRonn on September 24, 2009, 08:30:42 AM

Yeah, perhaps, at least when the Russian troops were sober enough to do so. News reporters on the scene described drunken troops a number of times.

Same thing happened in '45. Little fuckers love their booze, looting and raping.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM

Population of the Russian Federaton: 142 million

Population of the United States: 307 million

Our human waves > their human waves.

Except we're not willing to use human waves

Josquius

Quote from: KRonn on September 24, 2009, 07:36:59 AM
Could the Russkie-Belarus militayr, in its current state that it's been in the last decade or so, even get past just the Polish military? They seemed more like a drunken mob invading Georgia against no resistance; contrasted with what the Red Army once was.
I'm unsure about the Polish military but certainly if you swap the Polish military for the French, German or British one and it'd be a close fight with the advantage likely being against the Russians.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 24, 2009, 09:09:27 AM

Well we prefer to try waves of expensive ordinance and AFVs first.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 09:13:32 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 24, 2009, 09:09:27 AM

Well we prefer to try waves of expensive ordinance and AFVs first.

Then send in Burnside's negro troops.

Martinus

How capable is the Polish military Marty? And idea?
No idea really. But I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't suck. :P

We do have rather good special ops units, though, I am led to believe.

Sheilbh

They have a horde of abused and brutalised conscripts :(
Let's bomb Russia!

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 09:14:45 AM
Then send in Burnside's negro troops.

I tried to find a pic from Family Guy to post of the "Future Soldiers of America" float with all of the little black kids, but I couldn't find one...

:(

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2009, 09:12:07 AMI'm unsure about the Polish military but certainly if you swap the Polish military for the French, German or British one and it'd be a close fight with the advantage likely being against the Russians.
As long as there are no nukes involved, it wouldn't be close. The Western European countries are vastly more productive, have more manpower, would rule the seas etc.