Russian-Belarussian Wargames - "West 2009"

Started by Martinus, September 24, 2009, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 24, 2009, 12:29:48 PM

Russia today would be crushed by Germany or France in a defensive war.

Maybe if the Germans would leave their barracks. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 12:52:45 PM

I wonder if Germany was invaded if there would still be people protesting the war.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 12:52:45 PM

I wonder if Germany was invaded if there would still be people protesting the war.

There was last time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

citizen k

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 24, 2009, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM

Population of the Russian Federaton: 142 million

Population of the United States: 307 million

Our human waves > their human waves.

Except we're not willing to use human waves

That was before Obama. Now we have ACORN suicide squads.

Ed Anger

Quote from: citizen k on September 24, 2009, 02:19:24 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 24, 2009, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM

Population of the Russian Federaton: 142 million

Population of the United States: 307 million

Our human waves > their human waves.

Except we're not willing to use human waves

That was before Obama. Now we have ACORN suicide squads.

And the white pimp shall lead them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

The EU gets about 25% of it's gas from Russia IIRC. If it came to a proper war then this is merely a minor inconvenience, wearing an extra layer, that sort of thing.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2009, 12:31:38 PM
No, Norway has 90 days to jack up the price of north sea natural gas, Sweden has 90 days to make 150 million axeheads to export to central europe for chopping wood, Finland has 90 days to start a peat bog export business and Denmark has 90 days to arrange for transport.
No, because all those places will be occupied by the Russians.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2009, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2009, 12:31:38 PM
No, Norway has 90 days to jack up the price of north sea natural gas, Sweden has 90 days to make 150 million axeheads to export to central europe for chopping wood, Finland has 90 days to start a peat bog export business and Denmark has 90 days to arrange for transport.
No, because all those places will be occupied by the Russians.

Show me a Soviet, eh Russian Motor Rifle Division which can advance 100 kilometers and I'll care.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2009, 12:48:02 PM
I do think that Germany, France or Britain would win but it would be very hard going.

I don't. Numbers have a magic all of their own. And I would not be surprised to find that the Russians were still maintaining a vast reserve of mothballed obsolete tanks and other weapons, the same way the Soviets did. Once Britain, France or Germany had run through their stockpiles of "precision weapons" I doubt wartime production could come remotely close to the required expenditure to stop the Russians.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

I believe the 19th motor Rifle division advanced about 100 KM last year through South Ossetia and into Georgia.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 06:36:20 PM
I believe the 19th motor Rifle division advanced about 100 KM last year through South Ossetia and into Georgia.

Ok, so now they have reached the Norwegian Border. Another 100 km later they will have reached the second village.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2009, 06:18:01 PM
Show me a Soviet, eh Russian Motor Rifle Division which can advance 100 kilometers and I'll care.
Show me a Norwegian government that wouldn't immediately surrender.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2009, 06:54:58 PM

Good point. I concede on the issue.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2009, 06:55:58 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2009, 06:54:58 PM
Good point. I concede on the issue.
Question:  Has the Norwegian attitude towards Russia deteriorated or improved since the collapse of communism?

Viking

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2009, 07:14:11 PM
Question:  Has the Norwegian attitude towards Russia deteriorated or improved since the collapse of communism?

Now Norway can legitimately hate Russia since they no longer have ideological reason to oppress their own people. I suspect you approve.