Federal government tough on crime, but also on prosecutors

Started by Barrister, September 23, 2009, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2009, 12:17:58 PM
Latest stats show that Monroe county has the 2nd highest property tax rate in the country.

That's why my family had to move back to Ohio when I was a kid. Man, that sucked at the time. Big house + low income = NY doesn't want you around, so plz go away.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 02:00:04 PM
That's it, getting in my car now, see you in about 12 hours :angry:

:yeah:

It'll be good to see you again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 02:04:17 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 02:00:04 PM
That's it, getting in my car now, see you in about 12 hours :angry:

:yeah:

It'll be good to see you again.

Oh, and give yourself extra time for the bridge construction north of Haines Junction.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 23, 2009, 02:03:28 PM
That's why my family had to move back to Ohio when I was a kid. Man, that sucked at the time. Big house + low income = NY doesn't want you around, so plz go away.
To be fair, it's more like Income < Combined African GDP = NY doesn't want you around, so plz go away.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2009, 02:49:14 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 23, 2009, 02:03:28 PM
To be fair, it's more like Income < Combined African GDP = NY doesn't want you around, so plz go away.

Well so long as they depopulate that region of the deadbeats I suppose it's good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2009, 12:17:58 PM
Latest stats show that Monroe county has the 2nd highest property tax rate in the country. First is Niagara county. I think they said on the radio that all ten of the highest rates were in western New York.

And they fight and bicker over why the economy in upstate NY sucks so bad.

Go go public employee unions!

Wrong thread? :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:57:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:52:35 PM

You're the one playing dumb, assuming that Canada's residency cards are green. :contract:

:rolleyes:

The color doesn't matter, all that matters is i need one, dammit!

If the colour doesn't matter, why did you ask about a green card?

Especially since ours are more of a blueing colour?

Wow the design is very similar to Polish IDs. I wonder if there is some international convention regulating this.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

It's probably Kiki Amana Anne Latesa.  Wonder what "BHS" is.... Bahamas?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2009, 12:13:42 PM
I'd like to make 54k has an entry salary.

Go to law school. :contract:

But becoming a Federal court prosecutor is a highly prestigious position given to lawyers of experience and good service. Most people who go in prosecution start as prosecutors in provincial courts, with shitty salaries, backward offices, and dated equipment.

Maybe it is better in other provinces. I know however that, in Quebec, being a Prosecutor is the lawyering equivalent at working at McDonald's compared to the means Defence counsels have. Prosecutors even went on strike here a few years ago to put pressure on the Attorney-General to increase their budget.  :blush:

DisturbedPervert