Federal government tough on crime, but also on prosecutors

Started by Barrister, September 23, 2009, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 12:24:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2009, 12:17:58 PM
Latest stats show that Monroe county has the 2nd highest property tax rate in the country. First is Niagara county. I think they said on the radio that all ten of the highest rates were in western New York.

And they fight and bicker over why the economy in upstate NY sucks so bad.

Go go public employee unions!

What does this have to do with how much Canadian Federal prosecutors are paid? :huh:

What I got from your post was more along the lines of how grossly over-paid the provincial guys are.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2009, 12:13:42 PM
I'd like to make 54k has an entry salary.

Go to law school. :contract:

It's unfair to call that an "entry" salary since you give up several years of raises (at a minimum, and full on several years of salary in addition for some).

The "entry" law salary should be compared to a 4th or 5th year professional with only a single degree.

Of course, in the UK, a law degree is just an undergraduate degree, so you're on your own there.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2009, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 12:24:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2009, 12:17:58 PM
Latest stats show that Monroe county has the 2nd highest property tax rate in the country. First is Niagara county. I think they said on the radio that all ten of the highest rates were in western New York.

And they fight and bicker over why the economy in upstate NY sucks so bad.

Go go public employee unions!

What does this have to do with how much Canadian Federal prosecutors are paid? :huh:

What I got from your post was more along the lines of how grossly over-paid the provincial guys are.

And what do you base your opinion as to what the proper pay rate for Canadian prosecutors (either federal or provincial) should be?  Would it help your opinion if I told you that Alberta prosecutors (which aren't paid as much as those in Ontario, but are paid more then me) are not in any way unionized?

And what do the tax rates in western New York have to do with any of it?

Malthus

The issue is whether the feds have trouble recruiting or retaining prosecutors at these rates. If with a couple of years experience they can jump ship to the private sector and earn a lot more, it's a problem.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on September 23, 2009, 12:56:31 PM
The issue is whether the feds have trouble recruiting or retaining prosecutors at these rates. If with a couple of years experience they can jump ship to the private sector and earn a lot more, it's a problem.

I know Mendecino says that is a huge problem, but I'm not 100% sure that it is.  I haven't seen any actual studies.

And the big issue really is people jumping ship to the province, not to private practice.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:07:27 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 23, 2009, 12:56:31 PM

I know Mendecino says that is a huge problem, but I'm not 100% sure that it is.  I haven't seen any actual studies.

And the big issue really is people jumping ship to the province, not to private practice.

Well, that would have more or less the same effect.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Barrister

katmai

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 01:48:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:47:47 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 01:44:27 PM
I need a green card marriage!

:huh:

But you already have American residency.

You know what i mean, don't play dumb with me Beeb.

You're the one playing dumb, assuming that Canada's residency cards are green. :contract:

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:52:35 PM

You're the one playing dumb, assuming that Canada's residency cards are green. :contract:

:rolleyes:

The color doesn't matter, all that matters is i need one, dammit!

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2009, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 01:52:35 PM

:rolleyes:

The color doesn't matter, all that matters is i need one, dammit!

If the colour doesn't matter, why did you ask about a green card?

Especially since ours are more of a blueing colour?

katmai

That's it, getting in my car now, see you in about 12 hours :angry: