How Many Books Have You Read So far In 2009 ?

Started by Armyknife, September 21, 2009, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Books Have You Read Sofar In 2009 ?

4 (8%)
1-5
7 (14%)
6-10
10 (20%)
11-25
11 (22%)
26-50
11 (22%)
51-100
4 (8%)
101-150
1 (2%)
151-200
0 (0%)
201-300
0 (0%)
301+
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Sheilbh

Around 40 I think.  I had a binge in August and read around 15.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Under a dozen, so I voted 6-10. I usually read a lot but I've slipped on reading books a bit, though I read a lot otherwise I guess. However, I've gotten back into the habit and enjoyment of reading books, so I'm reading a lot more now.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: KRonn on September 22, 2009, 07:29:23 AM
Under a dozen, so I voted 6-10. I usually read a lot but I've slipped on reading books a bit, though I read a lot otherwise I guess. However, I've gotten back into the habit and enjoyment of reading books, so I'm reading a lot more now.

That's clear as mud.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 22, 2009, 07:33:24 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 22, 2009, 07:29:23 AM

That's clear as mud.  :D
Hehe...to summarize, I voted the 6-10 slot.    :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

I think I am in the 26-50 bracket, but I never counted them.
But I may be bragging and they could've been only 25  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Jacob

I'm guessing 50 - 100.

Spent a fair amount of time on planes recently and I always read on those, and every so often I'll go on a "read 7 books in a week" binge.

Habbaku

I'll ballpark myself at 20-30 thus far.  Probably clear out another 10 this year.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Agelastus

Quote from: Ape on September 22, 2009, 04:33:08 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 22, 2009, 12:07:26 AM

Does fanfiction count? I'm up at 6am in the morning because I have just finished a 118000 word Battlestar Galactica 2003/Battletech crossover (or rather, finished all of it that's been written.)
Is it the one where the Colonials reach New Circe? :nerd:

Yes. :nerd:

Battlestar Galactica and Clan Wolverine, with a good way of linking the two continua. Reasonable writing and the occasional flash of genuine wit. Almost as good as fan-fiction gets.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Barrister

I can't be bothered to actually read 100k words, but can you give me a very brief synopsis?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on September 22, 2009, 06:31:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 06:30:06 PM
My unread stack is over 90 right now.

:Embarrass: Mine's about half that.

I've hit the book remainder retailers in the last couple of months.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

The series diverges at New Caprica, which in this continuum is the planet where Clan Wolverine/"The Minnesota Tribe" ended up - as I said, it's a neat way to link the two universes. The year is 3045, which fits reasonably well with the known timeline of Kobol from the series (we know it was inhabited for at least 4000 years IIRC but not much else - the Colonials are speaking a recognisable form of Mycenaean Greek.)

As for a synopsis, don't be lazy! Besides, it is nowhere near finished yet.

I am especially looking forward to the moment when Romo Lampkin has William Adama on the witness stand at Gina's trial telling the world that "yes, we did violate the Armistice Line, and yes, we may have triggered the war by breaching said Armistice." 

Although the discovery of the Final Five may have thrown that cherished expected moment of mine into the
crapper now...I am really looking forward to seeing where the author is going with this.

The Cylon detection system that discovered the final five uses neurohelmets. A Cylon should be capable of interfacing with them better than a human, which will show up. One needs to do a CT scan as well though, as a few brain damaged humans come up with the same result giving a "false positive".

Kara gave a false positive...which Tigh thought was very funny until he was tested. :D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."