How Many Books Have You Read So far In 2009 ?

Started by Armyknife, September 21, 2009, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Books Have You Read Sofar In 2009 ?

4 (8%)
1-5
7 (14%)
6-10
10 (20%)
11-25
11 (22%)
26-50
11 (22%)
51-100
4 (8%)
101-150
1 (2%)
151-200
0 (0%)
201-300
0 (0%)
301+
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Ed Anger

Quote from: Agelastus on September 22, 2009, 06:34:51 PM
The series diverges at New Caprica, which in this continuum is the planet where Clan Wolverine/"The Minnesota Tribe" ended up - as I said, it's a neat way to link the two universes. The year is 3045, which fits reasonably well with the known timeline of Kobol from the series (we know it was inhabited for at least 4000 years IIRC but not much else - the Colonials are speaking a recognisable form of Mycenaean Greek.)

As for a synopsis, don't be lazy! Besides, it is nowhere near finished yet.

I am especially looking forward to the moment when Romo Lampkin has William Adama on the witness stand at Gina's trial telling the world that "yes, we did violate the Armistice Line, and yes, we may have triggered the war by breaching said Armistice." 

Although the discovery of the Final Five may have thrown that cherished expected moment of mine into the
crapper now...I am really looking forward to seeing where the author is going with this.

The Cylon detection system that discovered the final five uses neurohelmets. A Cylon should be capable of interfacing with them better than a human, which will show up. One needs to do a CT scan as well though, as a few brain damaged humans come up with the same result giving a "false positive".

Kara gave a false positive...which Tigh thought was very funny until he was tested. :D

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

I dunno.  Not counting law books, like six or ten.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ape

Quote from: Agelastus on September 22, 2009, 05:41:05 PM

Yes. :nerd:

Battlestar Galactica and Clan Wolverine, with a good way of linking the two continua. Reasonable writing and the occasional flash of genuine wit. Almost as good as fan-fiction gets.
Yup, I've read it  :blush:

Warspite

I finished reading the Internet last night. Every web page. Does that count?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

Zero.  I've been reading "River of Doubt" (about Teddy Roosevelt's Amazon expedition) on and off since January.  :blush:

I go through phases where I read voraciously, and then phases where I don't read at all.  I'm an 'off' phase.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ape

In case anyone is interested I can really recommend the Armageddonhttp://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118771 a well Judeo-christian fanfic, story is what would happen if Hell tried to invade earth today. Starting point about a year ago.

Sequal Pantheocide http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=134719

Zanza

Barrister

The series diverges at New Caprica, which in this continuum is the planet where Clan Wolverine/"The Minnesota Tribe" ended up - as I said, it's a neat way to link the two universes. The year is 3045, which fits reasonably well with the known timeline of Kobol from the series (we know it was inhabited for at least 4000 years IIRC but not much else - the Colonials are speaking a recognisable form of Mycenaean Greek.)

There's no way I'm reading that much drek.  BattleTech novels are bad enough.  Fanfiction is worse.  Crossover fanfiction though... :x
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 11:58:38 AM

There's no way I'm reading that much drek.  BattleTech novels are bad enough.  Fanfiction is worse.  Crossover fanfiction though... :x

Indeed.  Extra-lame.  On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that any BSG fanfic could possibly be as stupid as the source material turned out.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

saskganesh

good question. I read tonnes online, but didn't have access to my books for several months this year. And I am not travelling as much (planes and busses are great for reading) . So I am behind my usual pace of 1 book/week.

Voted 6-10. I think I remember them all. It included two books on the crusades, one book on the tarsands, another book on world food, a Joe Strummer bio, and ...?

I actually do not think I have read any fiction this year. So now I have two novels on the go, including one I stopped reading halfway last fall.
humans were created in their own image

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 07:04:36 AM
Zero.  I've been reading "River of Doubt" (about Teddy Roosevelt's Amazon expedition) on and off since January.  :blush:

I go through phases where I read voraciously, and then phases where I don't read at all.  I'm an 'off' phase.

Sounds like me.  I am well on my way to not finishing a single book this year, for the first time that I can ever remember.  I have started a few book that I probably won't finish and have listened to a couple of audio books but not much reading for me this year. :Embarrass: