News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Carter: US likely behind Chavez coup

Started by Savonarola, September 21, 2009, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2009, 07:15:51 PM
I mean come on man.  He is basically saying all of Chavez's paranoid bullshit and the all the conspiracy theories are true.

"COULD" does not equal "WAS".

And you seem to have forgotten how the word "understandable" is used.  As in, "it's understandable why you still hold out hope for Vince Young".  Doesn't make it so.

DGuller

If Carter read about the coup plan from the daily briefings, then wouldn't Chavez learn about it as well?

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2009, 07:19:05 PM
And you seem to have forgotten how the word "understandable" is used.  As in, "it's understandable why you still hold out hope for Vince Young".  Doesn't make it so.

Dude he said the US may even have been directly involved and it is understandable to think so for fucksake.  That statement in itself is simply disgusting much less saying it absolutely is so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 21, 2009, 06:06:11 PM
I think it's bad show for a former President to be discussing what the current President's told them - which seems to be the case here, Carter discussing that Obama wants normal relations with Venezuela.  That he's doing it to a foreign newspaper also seems a bit off.
He's probably just happy to be included again.  He's probably been kept in the dark for the last eight years, due to the fact that he's a terrorist sympathizer and has taken to opposing American interests.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2009, 07:24:44 PM

Dude he said the US may even have been directly involved and it is understandable to think so for fucksake.  That statement in itself is simply disgusting much less saying it absolutely is so.
Indeed.  One would hope that if the US had been involved, Chavez would be in a shallow grave by now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2009, 07:19:20 PM
If Carter read about the coup plan from the daily briefings, then wouldn't Chavez learn about it as well?

Maybe that's why it failed.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2009, 07:24:44 PM

Dude he said the US may even have been directly involved and it is understandable to think so for fucksake.

Yes, it is completely beyond the pale to suggest that the US may have been involved in a coup in Latin or South America.  After all, it would be the first time we had violated our strict isolationist policy.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: ulmont on September 21, 2009, 09:12:19 PM
Yes, it is completely beyond the pale to suggest that the US may have been involved in a coup in Latin or South America.  After all, it would be the first time we had violated our strict isolationist policy.
Would you be OK with Carter if he suggested Obama might be getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office?

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: KRonn on September 21, 2009, 03:00:30 PM
What ever happened to Pres Carter? He's been off the deep end for a while now.  

He used to be known for his work with Habitat for Humanity, monitoring elections in other countries (I think), and some other good stuff. Yes, he had a bad run as President, wasn't seen too kindly there. But it's been as if he's trying to cement his place as the worst US former President.   :huh:

Isn't he like Strom Thurmond old? maybe it's the senility setting in..
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2009, 09:33:56 PM
Would you be OK with Carter if he suggested Obama might be getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office?

he'd better be. those are called "perks".
:p

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2009, 09:33:56 PM

If Carter said "it would be understandable if Person X believed Obama was getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office" I don't think I would disagree.