News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2 Thread

Started by Neil, September 18, 2009, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 20, 2009, 08:00:07 PMAnd just think:  The Raiders cut one of the all-time great backups in Jeff Garcia.

No surprise; they did it once before, when his name was Vince Evans.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2009, 07:58:47 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 20, 2009, 06:23:47 PM
Ravens secondary is terrible.  :weep:

It's an adjustment period for them.  Don't sweat it.
They better adjust some more.  If somebody puts up 500 passing yards on the Ravens, I'm going to be a little upset.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

You know I don't get MSNBC so I don't know quite how crazy he is there, but I rather like Keith Olbermann when it comes to football coverage.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Even with politics aside, Olbermann still annoys the shit out of me. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 20, 2009, 08:53:24 PM
Crazy interception

The officials need to stop blowing the whistle until they are sure of what is happening.  There was no risk of injury if they had let that play run out.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2009, 07:58:00 PM
When it's time to seal the deal, you dial 52.  Motherfuckers.

That was a great play by Ray to end that last Chargers' threat.  The Chargers ran a ridiculous play there, but once again Ray was there to make the play.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 20, 2009, 09:17:32 PM
The Chargers ran a ridiculous play there,

Hence, the term "Norved".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 20, 2009, 08:16:12 PM
They better adjust some more.  If somebody puts up 500 passing yards on the Ravens, I'm going to be a little upset.

And don't think they don't know it.

Here are a few comments from Ravens players posting their thoughts on Twitter after the team's 31-26 victory over the San Diego Chargers Sunday:

Cornerback Domonique Foxworth (Foxworth24): "There was my doo doo game for the year I'll never be that badly again dropped pic missed the ball in coverage twice. But we won go bmore"

Fullback Le'Ron McClain (BringdaPain33): "Victory about to head to the crib. Gotta a lot to work to do. We 2-0 and rolling"

Offensive tackle Jared Gaither (jaredgaither): "I KNOW THIS IS EARLY IN THE SEASON BUT I HONESTLY THINK THE RAVENS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! TRUE STORY"

Cornerback Fabian Washington (FABEWASH31): "Thanx for all the support but honestly I played terrible."

Valmy

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 20, 2009, 07:40:44 PM
Jamarcus Russell.  Must.  Die.  Wow, is he awful or what?  It makes me ill thinking that there's no chance of getting rid of him barring injury.  Also, it looks that the Raiders winning means I lose in the two leagues I'm in.  If that's the case, I have a damn good shot at winning both.  Cleveland just looks awful.  Ugh.  I sense it's headed toward another loooong season.

He made Vince Young look like a draft day steal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil...Ray Ray on that game-saving play.

QuoteRavens middle linebacker Ray Lewis made the game's biggest play by tackling running back Darren Sproles in the backfield for a 5-yard loss on a fourth and two at the Ravens' 15 late in the game, but he gets an assist from Chargers head coach Norv Turner.

"They stayed true to what they had been doing on film," Lewis said. "Whenever they are in that formation, he goes downhill, and I just shot the gap. I took a risk, and I've told my teammates sometimes you have to take a risk."

But how do you not block No. 52? How do you not have someone assigned to him on every running play? More importantly, the Chargers had been toasting the Ravens cornerbacks all game, why run instead of pass especially when San Diego had height advantages with their receivers against most of the Ravens cornerbacks?

Lewis just smiled.

"I don't know what went into their decision making," Lewis said.

Obviously, Ray Ray stayed up and watched last Monday Night's game with the Raiders, because they tried the exact same shit at the end of the game.

Ergo...NORVED.

CountDeMoney

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

I wish the Giants had missed the first FG, just to spite Wade Phillips for calling that timeout.  It's one thing to try & ice the kicker, but I hate that shit when they call timeout right before the snap.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Very entertaining game.  Nice crisp offensive execution, a couple circus catches, a bizarro heel interception, right down to the wire.  Only thing lacking was a controversial call to bitch about.  And the camera men need to pull back and get the cheerleaders' crotches in their shots, it's the best part of the uniform.