News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2 Thread

Started by Neil, September 18, 2009, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 21, 2009, 10:11:49 AM
I especially liked when that douchebag fake Irishman Cortland Finnegan thought he could go start shit on the Texans sidelines and (supposedly) got his face repeatedly introduced to the bench for his trouble.

What's this story?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 21, 2009, 07:48:13 PM
What's this story?

Not much to it, really.  Finnegan got into a...scuffle...on the sidelines that ended up involving just about everyone on the Texans sidelines and most of the guys who were on the field at the time, and some Tennessee fans were squealing about his face getting smashed into the bench by someone, but fuck him.  He deserves it for the amount of shit he talks and starts.  One Titans player (not Finnegan) was ejected, a Texans WR got a 15 yard personal foul.  Don't know about fines or suspensions yet.

There was a lot going on in that game.  Finnegan, who (and it can't be said enough) is a total douche, and Andre Johnson were getting in each others faces, with Johnson mostly laughing at him while he got utterly toasted by Houston WRs all day.  Finnegan later figured out that the only way he was going to stop Johnson was to just jump on his back before the ball got there.  Texans RT Eric Winston and Kyle Vanden Bosch, complete with his toolish red contacts, were screaming at each other enough that the refs walked them both to opposite sides of the field, etcetc.  Good stuff.

Oh and Jacoby Jones has the Texans logo shaved into the side of his head, which is awesome.

Neil

Cortland Finnegan is always trying to be a douche.  He would always try talking shit with Derrick Mason, too.  That didn't work out for him in the playoffs.  Even with one arm, Mason toasted him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on September 21, 2009, 08:05:02 PM
Cortland Finnegan is always trying to be a douche.  He would always try talking shit with Derrick Mason, too.  That didn't work out for him in the playoffs.  Even with one arm, Mason toasted him.

Yeah...he's constantly running his mouth.

I still haven't figured out how that dude made the Pro Bowl.  I mean...sure...he plays against Jacksonville twice a year, so those are some wideouts he can "shut down," but the Colts with Harrison/Wayne and the Texans with Johnson also play them twice a year, and neither one of them seem to have problems throwing at him (even when he's covering a guy like Jacoby Jones, instead of the #1).  You mention Mason lighting him up, and I know I've seen him get blown away by other guys as well.  They call him "Cortland Burnedagain," or something of that nature, for christs sake.

Admiral Yi

So that's what the wildcat looks like.

Alcibiades

Beautiful stiff arms by brown.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

Last Colts drive was vintage.  Last Dolphins drive was less so.

Neil

So, straight picks I went 11-5 this week.

Now, I'm not sure how the spread works, but counting teams that won when I picked them to lose but cover as a loss for me, I went 8-8.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

You know, I find it interesting that neither of the big rookie QBs of last year really have had a sophomore slump.  Drew Brees leads the NFL with 9 TD passes, but Flacco and Ryan are in second place with 5 each.

Barrister

LFFLers - I will entertain offers for Flacco.  I could use a solid #2 RB.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Make sure to also count as wins underdog teams that you picked if they lost and the spread was greater than the difference.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2009, 02:33:46 PM
LFFLers - I will entertain offers for Flacco.  I could use a solid #2 RB.

I'd like something more than Cutler, but I'm already hurt at the RB position.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on September 22, 2009, 02:19:42 PM
So, straight picks I went 11-5 this week.

Now, I'm not sure how the spread works, but counting teams that won when I picked them to lose but cover as a loss for me, I went 8-8.
Just subtract the spread from the favorite's total score.

The Giants were giving 3 to the Cowboys.  They won by 2.  Subtract the spread, they ended up losing against the spread.  The Cowboys lost the game and covered the spread, the Giants won and didn't cover.

The Colts were giving 3 to the Dolphins.  They won by 4.  Subtract 3 from the Colts, they still win so they covered the spread.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on September 22, 2009, 02:32:20 PM
You know, I find it interesting that neither of the big rookie QBs of last year really have had a sophomore slump.  Drew Brees leads the NFL with 9 TD passes, but Flacco and Ryan are in second place with 5 each.

It is still pretty early, probably too early to have this discussion, but I am pretty impressed with Flacco.  I was expecting a sophomore slump from him, not sure why, it was just a feeling.  He has been very impressive so far though.

CountDeMoney

lol, Go Redskins.

QuoteNow that he has apologized for calling fans "dimwits," rookie Robert Henson is apparently done with Twitter.

Anyone clicking on Henson's Twitter account Tuesday got a message saying "Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"

On Sunday night, Henson fired off many tweets at fans who booed the Redskins during their 9-7 win over the Rams. Henson called the fans "dimwits" and asked how people who "work 9 to 5 at McDonald's" could know what's best for the team.