Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

Started by garbon, September 16, 2009, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:yes: I get hives and start to wheeze every time I cross the Ohio into Hoosierworld.  :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 06:41:14 PM
For those of you who don't seem to understand the concept of "Suthun' Thinkin", and why this is such a big deal, an article explaining it.

Quote[snip Carter wankfest

Ya know, it's kinda hard to prove a point when we can't see it through all the Carter-jizz covering that article.
Experience bij!

Neil

Why does CdM wank all over Carter, when Carter hates Jews?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 17, 2009, 06:53:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 06:41:14 PM
For those of you who don't seem to understand the concept of "Suthun' Thinkin", and why this is such a big deal, an article explaining it.

Quote[snip Carter wankfest

Ya know, it's kinda hard to prove a point when we can't see it through all the Carter-jizz covering that article.

Some of you people will always choose to ignore the political realities of the past 150 years.  That's a real shame.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:55:23 PM
Why does CdM wank all over Carter, when Carter hates Jews?

He doesn't hate Jews, he simply doesn't like Jews as Bullies.  They're much more loveable as Underdogs.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 06:57:40 PM
Some of you people will always choose to ignore the political realities of the past 150 years.  That's a real shame.

Apparently, you missed the part where I acknowledged Carter's point about racism affecting respect for the office, but fail to see how an idiot redneck yelling "you lie," who would have done that to non-black politicians as well, is an example of it.

The problem is there's racism AND plain ol' idiocy in Congress.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 17, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
but fail to see how an idiot redneck yelling "you lie," who would have done that to non-black politicians as well, is an example of it.

It's merely a symptom of the disease that still pervades our Republic.

And no, he wouldn't have done that to a white President.

Caliga

It would have been funny if he said "LYIN' WINDCHIME!" or something.  :cool:

But then that would have made Carter: correct  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

That's the great thing about playing the race card: you don't have to substantiate it, and whenever anyone disagrees you can just tell them they don't get it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2009, 07:13:13 PM
That's the great thing about playing the race card: you don't have to substantiate it, and whenever anyone disagrees you can just tell them they don't get it.

And I had hoped the Jesuits taught you better than that, Kimchi-on-the-Cob.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 07:17:16 PM
And I had hoped the Jesuits taught you better than that, Kimchi-on-the-Cob.
It works with gender too, Elaine.

Berkut

Wow, that is the biggest load of horseshit you have ever blessed Languish with, Seedy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on September 17, 2009, 07:58:50 PM
Wow, that is the biggest load of horseshit you have ever blessed Languish with, Seedy.

Yankee.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 06:37:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 16, 2009, 07:44:49 PM
Especially poor Carter, an irrelevancy of a man trapped between the twin giants of Nixon and Reagan.
Carter has been a nuisance and essentially a rogue agent who thinks he represents America in some semi-official capacity ever since he left office.
This isn't true.  When I first started posting on EUOT all the Americans thought Carter was the model former President.  It's only in the last 5 years or so that that's changed.

QuoteIt's why Clinton hates him so much.
Their beef went way back.  It dates back to when Clinton was Governor and Carter President.

QuoteThat's the great thing about playing the race card: you don't have to substantiate it, and whenever anyone disagrees you can just tell them they don't get it.
It's frustrating.  Michael Tomasky writes about this.  No-one uses plain racist phrases any more because it will get them crushed, but they still use the sentiments in less explicit ways.  Then when someone notices and picks them up on it it's them who are accused of playing the race card which is, strictly speaking, true in that they're the first to explicitly mention it.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.