Main Menu

Danish Mother Seeking

Started by Viking, September 12, 2009, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: katmai on September 14, 2009, 02:58:58 AM
i'd hit liep, that bastard never introduced me to his sister <_<

VisitDenmark, then. <_<
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on September 14, 2009, 04:24:25 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 14, 2009, 02:58:58 AM
i'd hit liep, that bastard never introduced me to his sister <_<

VisitDenmark, then. <_<

that was never part of the agreement!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2009, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 13, 2009, 06:19:47 PM
So it was really the Danish tourist board? :blink:

Yes, unfortunately.....

....:blink:
WTF.
I could understand it as a ad for something (condoms, abstinence, some sort of communications service to help you keep in touch) but the Danish tourist board?
'Visit Denmark. Our women are easy whilst our child support service sucks. You can imprengate them then bugger off back home risk free!'
Damn I'm sure the women of Denmark are happy about this!
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on September 14, 2009, 05:16:07 AM

....:blink:
WTF.
I could understand it as a ad for something (condoms, abstinence, some sort of communications service to help you keep in touch) but the Danish tourist board?
'Visit Denmark. Our women are easy whilst our child support service sucks. You can imprengate them then bugger off back home risk free!'
Damn I'm sure the women of Denmark are happy about this!

Don't tell me this didn't make you consider going on vacation to denmark!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

saskganesh

wow. this seems ill conceived.  perhaps it will birth a new era of tourism, pregnant with possibilities.

humans were created in their own image

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on September 14, 2009, 05:31:47 AM
Don't tell me this didn't make you consider going on vacation to denmark!
I'm thinking of moving there post uni so....that would be awkward.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 13, 2009, 10:21:33 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 13, 2009, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 13, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
QuoteJournalist: Why do you chose to sell Denmark as a country where drunk women has unprotective sex with random tourists?

Tourist organization woman: That's not a story I can recognize. We're telling a good and sweet story about a mature, responsible woman who lives in a free society and takes the consequence of her actions. And that she uses a modern and a social media.

And this was done with tax payer money. :lol:

WTF?  :lol:

Is there an English link?

This just might be the dumbest tourist ad campaign I've ever heard of.

Worse than the proposal in the U.S.? You know, because too few tourists come to the U.S., every visitor should pay 10$? That will be used for tourism advertismenets?
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ma10_delahunt/travelbill09.html

That's not an ad campaign.  :contract:

I mean, what's the message of this Danish campaigh? "Our women are easy and don't use birth control"?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

The 'our women are easy' part is quite compelling a reason to visit Denmark. :)

The 'you have a kid with a random stranger who thinks all Americans are JR Ewing and therefore wants a buttload of child support' part is not so compelling a reason to visit Denmark.  :)

The Danes need to do a bit more research about AmeriKKKa.  DO OVER, EPIC FAIL :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on September 14, 2009, 08:41:47 AM

The Danes need to do a bit more research about AmeriKKKa.  DO OVER, EPIC FAIL :(

We're quite contempt with our view of America, though I do agree that this is a huge fail.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I assume he meant to type 'content'. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

jimmy olsen

The campaign has been ended.  :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8258473.stm

QuoteDenmark pulls 'promiscuous' video

A video promoting tourism in Denmark has been removed from YouTube after complaints it promoted promiscuity.

The three-minute clip shows a young blonde woman, trying to find a man whom she had a one night stand with, who fathered her child "August".

VisitDenmark's manager, Dorte Kiilerich said the film was supposed to be a "nice and sweet story of a woman".

But Denmark's Economy Minister, Lene Espersen, said it "was not a very well-thought-out picture of the country".

In the advert, the woman says - in English - that she was "trying to find August's father".

"We met one night a year and a half ago when you were on vacation here in Denmark.

"We met... and then decided to have a drink and, yeah, it's really embarrassing but it's more or less what I remember.

"I don't remember where you're from or even your name."

'Tasteless'

Critics says the video implied that along with traditional tourism, Denmark was a place to go to have unprotected sex with strangers.

One Danish newspaper, Ekstra Bladet, labelled it "grotesque" and a "waste of taxpayers' money".

The video also prompted a slew of angry comments, with one user saying it was a "tasteless, tactless way of attracting attention".

Ms Kiilerich said she regretted any offence the video may have caused, but the intent had been to tell "a nice and sweet story about a grown-up woman who lives in a free society and accepts the consequences of her actions".

The YouTube clip received more than 800,000 hits and although the official video has been removed, copies have been spreading across YouTube.

It has also spawned numerous parodies, with men from across the world saying they were "not bimbos" and trying to find the mother of their child.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Scandanavian culture promotes promiscuity.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
The campaign has been ended.  :(

Heh, hard to imagine how anyone thought it was a great idea in the first place.  :D Though it did admittedly get attention.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius