News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

S.F. is gearing up for bike lane plans

Started by garbon, March 24, 2009, 11:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2014, 06:09:10 PM
By region, he means Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and San Francisco.

But that's not really a region but just a few isolated pockets within a region. I'd also note that I found a car helpful (though I suppose not strictly necessary) in SF, Vancouver and Portland.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Now if by civilization in North America he meant Chicago, NYC, Toronto and Boston - then sure I could see it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2014, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2014, 04:58:49 PM
I need a car to get away from the subhumans that surround the Wolf's Lair.

By leaving the Wolf's Lair dont you necessarily (and perhaps unnecessarily) expose yourself to a greater danger of such contact?

That is what the glock is for.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 06:17:01 PM
Now if by civilization in North America he meant Chicago, NYC, Toronto and Boston - then sure I could see it.

Garbon you should try cycling, physically you get to look down upon people.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 05, 2014, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 06:17:01 PM

Garbon you should try cycling, physically you get to look down upon people.  :cool:

Alternatively, you can pitch into my fund to buy an Escalade Hybrid.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 05, 2014, 07:50:45 AM

Cabbies are horrible, very aggressive drivers - bus drivers are great.
In Korea bus drivers are the worst. They have the biggest vehicle and so they feel that everyone else has to make way for them, especially since they're on a strict schedule.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I was going to put you down as another one of the scatologically inclined.

crazy canuck

It takes a civilized person to know what I meant.  :cheers:

Jacob

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2014, 10:52:31 AM

Civilization seems to have a very elastic definition in your mind.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2014, 12:37:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2014, 10:52:31 AM

Civilization seems to have a very elastic definition in your mind.

What do you have against Peter  :(