News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hitler vs. Stalin

Started by Martinus, September 02, 2009, 06:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do Hitler and Stalin compare, in terms of evil/being murderous bastards?

They were more or less equally evil
17 (53.1%)
Hitler was more evil than Stalin
13 (40.6%)
Stalin was more evil than Hitler
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on September 02, 2009, 08:58:30 AM
Hah, Obama is not even close to Bushhitler!! Not yet anyway; maybe in time the right wing will make it happen though. Or even the left wing if Obama continues to advocate for the war in Afghanistan. 

Now that Bushitler is a harmless ex-president people will remember him more and more fondly as time goes on.  Right now he is moving down to Bussolini status.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 09:08:14 AM
Now that Bushitler is a harmless ex-president people will remember him more and more fondly as time goes on.  Right now he is moving down to Bussolini status.
:lol:

So nowadays, instead of going "BUSHITLER!!!!" *gnashing of teeth* people say "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Booshie, e'sa good guy, uh!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I saw this and thought "Only a Pole would create such a poll."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 09:14:09 AM
:lol:

So nowadays, instead of going "BUSHITLER!!!!" *gnashing of teeth* people say "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Booshie, e'sa good guy, uh!"

he's seems very personable one on one. I think most of us, over a barbecue and a couple of beers, and watching some football, would kinda get along with him.
humans were created in their own image

KRonn

Quote from: KRonn on September 02, 2009, 08:58:30 AM
Hah, Obama is not even close to Bushhitler!! Not yet anyway; maybe in time the right wing will make it happen though. Or even the left wing if Obama continues to advocate for the war in Afghanistan. 

Bussolini status   I like that.

I lol'd....    :lol:

Strix

I went with Stalin. Hitler had a plan, wrote about it, than implemented it. He was evil but he worked within the rules of society for the most part (at least until the wheels started to come off his plans). Stalin was a paranoid mass murdering thug. The only reason they have a similar body count is that God (or Beria) stopped Stalin. There is no estimating how many million more Stalin might have killed if he lived longer.

I guess you would call Hitler "Lawful Evil" while Stalin was 'Chaotic Evil". :nerd:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Strix on September 02, 2009, 09:47:38 AM
I guess you would call Hitler "Lawful Evil" while Stalin was 'Chaotic Evil". :nerd:

Not when international relations are taken into account.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 09:49:27 AM

Not when international relations are taken into account.

Indeed. I'd say it was quite the opposite.

Neil

Actually, I think they'd both be Neutral Evil, although Hitler would tend lawful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I'd make a good level level nazi. Stamping and signing endless forms in that bureaucracy. Plus, I'd have toilet paper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Wait... Stalin had no plan?  :lol:

Dude, the Soviets invented the whole concept of endless planning vs. actually getting shit done.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Wait... Stalin had no plan?  :lol:

Dude, the Soviets invented the whole concept of endless planning vs. actually getting shit done.

Maybe "vision" would have been a better word. Stalin seemed very chaotic in his plans at best.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

This reminds me of that Russian guy on Paradox who told me never to come to Russia or he would kick my ass during a thread when I said bad things about Stalin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 11:06:07 AM
This reminds me of that Russian guy on Paradox who told me never to come to Russia or he would kick my ass during a thread when I said bad things about Stalin.
A surprising number of Russians LOVE the guy. :blink: