News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hitler vs. Stalin

Started by Martinus, September 02, 2009, 06:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do Hitler and Stalin compare, in terms of evil/being murderous bastards?

They were more or less equally evil
17 (53.1%)
Hitler was more evil than Stalin
13 (40.6%)
Stalin was more evil than Hitler
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 07:19:22 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 07:03:44 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 07:02:16 AM
Both pass the threshhold where such comparisons become ludicrous.
Correct.  It's like saying "Between Saturn and Jupiter, which has a less survivable atmosphere?"  :cool:

I'm still wondering if we could regulate the atmosphere of Mars in a way that the air was breathable and the temperature over freezing or if it's just too far away from the Sun for that to work.
We'd need to thicken it enough for oxygen and greenhouse gasses to warm itwithout the pressure crushing the colonists.  I fear it is impossible. :(
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2009, 07:21:52 AM
:yawn: dumbest debate topic on the internet, evah.

I know.  Anybody who gives Transylvania to the Romanians has got to be far eviler than Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Warspite

On the basis that I have to choose one, I go with Hitler. I consider the deliberate, systematic and mechanised extermination of millions on a racial basis "more evil" than Stalin's callous and bloody paranoia.

Wiggins does have a point though.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Hansmeister

Quote from: Martinus on September 02, 2009, 06:43:51 AM
The Polish President compared the Stalinist crimes to Holocaust, which caused a reaction of, among others, the Jewish Council of Germany, which denounced such comparisons, saying that it is unacceptable to compare the two, since Hitler was much worse.

So, what do Languishites think?
Both comitted the unforgivable crime of not wiping out the Poles, so they're equally evil.

Oh, and Syt has a hot avatar.

PDH

As a radical left wing university type, I blame society.  Therefore we shouldn't damn either of these two and instead blame those really responsible - the white males.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

ulmont

Not the Enterprise versus a Super Star Destroyer?

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 02, 2009, 07:24:10 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 07:19:22 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 07:03:44 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2009, 07:02:16 AM
Both pass the threshhold where such comparisons become ludicrous.
Correct.  It's like saying "Between Saturn and Jupiter, which has a less survivable atmosphere?"  :cool:

I'm still wondering if we could regulate the atmosphere of Mars in a way that the air was breathable and the temperature over freezing or if it's just too far away from the Sun for that to work.
We'd need to thicken it enough for oxygen and greenhouse gasses to warm itwithout the pressure crushing the colonists.  I fear it is impossible. :(
In a practical sense, it's impossible.  Theoretically, you could use some methane to jack up the temperature in the short term, and as that breaks down fill in some CO2 and water vapour in order to keep the greenhouse on, oxygen for breathability and nitrogen as a filler.  You wouldn't have to worry about crushing people with the atmospheric pressure.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: ulmont on September 02, 2009, 08:06:55 AM

Galactica would take out either one.

Ed Anger

Circumcision or not? is the dumbest debate topic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

I'll go with Hitler for the systemic methods and mass murdering. But I think Stalin is a close second with his brand of techniques and killings, and was just as ruthless as Hitler but in a different ideology.

Valmy

Of course both are distant seconds to Obamahitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 02, 2009, 07:25:28 AM

Both comitted the unforgivable crime of not wiping out the Poles, so they're equally evil.

Wow...you beat Neil to the punch with that one. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Hitler all the way.
Russia had always been a country on the edge of nowhere, desperatly trying and failing to be European but still half stuck in medieval times. The Stalinist murders weren't too different to buisness as usual.
Germany though...A centre point of civlization turned towards evil.

A few other reasons too.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

No because you see, "but Stalin was horrible as well" is the standard answer you get from internet nationalist balkantard morons each and every time someone hints at the nazis MAYBE not being the nicest guys right after hello kitty. Then usually someone from the other non-nazi side is dumb enough to take the bait, and the "debate" of measuring approximate causality numbers ensue. :bleeding:

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 08:16:53 AM
Of course both are distant seconds to Obamahitler.
Hah, Obama is not even close to Bushhitler!! Not yet anyway; maybe in time the right wing will make it happen though. Or even the left wing if Obama continues to advocate for the war in Afghanistan.