Do you have a criminal record?

Started by Caliga, September 01, 2009, 12:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have a criminal record?

Yes, with felonies
0 (0%)
Yes, with misdemeanors only
6 (9.8%)
Only citations and such (e.g. speeding tickets)
19 (31.1%)
No
36 (59%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Caliga

I was just thinking about that (based on a conversation I had with someone in the office).

I've never even gotten a speeding or parking ticket, personally. :goodboy:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

This needs an "I should have a record" option.  ;)

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 01, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
This needs an "I should have a record" option.  ;)
In that case the poll would return no useful information.  :blush:

DGuller

Eddie Teach

I was arrested for reckless driving but the judge reduced the charge.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Speeding tickets are NOT a criminal record, as the offences are not criminal in nature.  :contract:

I think you'll find the misdemeanor/felony distinction to be very US-specific. :contract:

And no, I do not have a criminal record. :goodboy:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 01, 2009, 12:32:39 PM
I was arrested for reckless driving but the judge reduced the charge.
What did you do?

Caliga

Don't come at me with that lawyer shit Bee Bee, you knew what I meant :P

Zanza

I had a point on my driver's license for speeding a couple of years ago, but that should be gone by now (I think they only keep them if you reoffend during the next two years).

Other than that I am a law-abiding citizen and obviously do not have a criminal record. Or rather, I do have one like every German, but it is blank.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2009, 12:36:28 PM
What did you do?

I cut across somebody's lawn in an attempt to escape traffic(there was a train stopped in the middle of the road and had been for a while.)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2009, 12:35:13 PM
Speeding tickets are NOT a criminal record, as the offences are not criminal in nature.  :contract:

You are:  Wrong.

Quote from: TITLE 40.  MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC, CHAPTER 6.  UNIFORM RULES OF THE ROAD, ARTICLE 1.  GENERAL PROVISIONSO.C.G.A. § 40-6-1  (2009)

§ 40-6-1.  Observance of chapter required; punishment for violations generally; maximum fines for certain offenses

(a) It is unlawful and, unless otherwise declared in this chapter with respect to particular offenses, it is a misdemeanor for any person to do any act forbidden or fail to perform any act required in this chapter.

(b) Unless a different maximum fine or greater minimum fine is specifically provided in this chapter for a particular violation, the maximum fine which may be imposed as punishment for a first offense of violating any lawful speed limit established by or pursuant to the provisions of Article 9 of this chapter by exceeding a maximum lawful speed limit:

(1) By five miles per hour or less shall be no dollars;

(2) By more than five but not more than ten miles per hour shall not exceed $25.00;

(3) By more than ten but not more than 14 miles per hour shall not exceed $100.00;

(4) By more than 14 but less than 19 miles per hour shall not exceed $125.00;
Further code sections make it clear that up to 1 year's imprisonment can be imposed for traffic offenses.

Slargos

Yeah.

Silly story.

I was present when someone that is not me but a close acquaintance was spraying water-soluble black hair spray on a wall.

Apparently said proximity, and the fact that I took pictures of the event (which I planned to use to let him know how fucking retarded he'd been on the sauce) meant I was an accessory.

Mostly, though, I think they went after me out of spite when he jumped the border back to Sweden and the crime was too petty to pursue internationally.

$1000 fine and camera seized as evidence for a crime I did not commit.

Fucking Norwegians.  <_<

Other than that, only parking tickets.

That is to say, they never caught me. :ph34r:

Grey Fox

No, I'm Canadian. My tickets aren't criminal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.