Do you have a criminal record?

Started by Caliga, September 01, 2009, 12:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have a criminal record?

Yes, with felonies
0 (0%)
Yes, with misdemeanors only
6 (9.8%)
Only citations and such (e.g. speeding tickets)
19 (31.1%)
No
36 (59%)

Total Members Voted: 60

PDH

Other than that little incident in Asia Minor when trying to round up Mithridates, my record is clean.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 01, 2009, 04:40:01 PM
Cops actualyl stop you for Jaywalking in Poland?

We live in a police state. :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 01, 2009, 04:41:46 PM
Other than that little incident in Asia Minor when trying to round up Mithridates, my record is clean.

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2009, 02:19:33 PM
If you did that to my lawn, I'd track you down and thrash you.

You have to take a number, the Muad'dib has dibs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I also once shredded a guy's lawn with my car, but I never got caught. It was also during a blizzard so I would have just said I slid off the road. No record.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

3 parking tickets, no speeding tickets, no drunk driving.  Failure to register my car, paid a fine.  Canuck border guards sniffed out my bag of weed, strip searched me and told me to to leave and not come back to Canada for a while.  Pensacola part time cop spotted a smoking roach in our parked car as we were walking away; frisked us, wrote our names down, told us not to get in any trouble that night.

Maximus

DisturbedPervert

I have a Minor in Possession of Alcohol.  From when I was 20 and a cop demanded to look in to the paper bag I was carrying that contained 2 beers.  Ended up paying $200 for that.  Fucking bullshit.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2009, 04:57:04 PMCanuck border guards sniffed out my bag of weed, strip searched me and told me to to leave and not come back to Canada for a while. 

That must have been a while ago.  I can't imagine them responding like that this last decade or so.

DGuller

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 01, 2009, 05:14:11 PM
I have a Minor in Possession of Alcohol.  From when I was 20 and a cop demanded to look in to the paper bag I was carrying that contained 2 beers.  Ended up paying $200 for that.  Fucking bullshit.
:pinch: If that were me, I'd be more pissed off about being labeled a minor when I was 20, rather than getting a record and a fine.  Some things about US are just pathetic.

DontSayBanana

Let's just say I'm not terribly eager to get a car again.

- Unsafe operation of a vehicle (reduced charge from speeding), in September 2005
- No-point violation because an accident where I was "at fault" wasn't "my fault", January 2006
- License suspended for a year, big fine, for driving uninsured when I had an accident in November 2007 which totalled my car anyway.
- :blush: The day after said accident, I was in court about an hour from here for a speeding ticket. I had to take it because in NJ, if you accrue 3 no-point violations in 5 years, you get 4 points added onto your license. I figured I'd just have to eat the 2 points, even though they offered to downgrade the ticket.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

You use :blush: in some of the oddest places.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 01, 2009, 05:26:42 PM
You use :blush: in some of the oddest places.

That goes back to a thread we had on the old forum about how you incorporate smileys into grammar (I believe it was one of sask's threads). Basically, it was the fact that I totalled my car, got myself in a crapload of trouble, and was in court the next day for a totally unrelated ticket. That kinda looked bad. Editing for clarity now.
Experience bij!

Siege

No. Nothing at all.
I am a model citizen.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 01, 2009, 05:17:20 PM
That must have been a while ago.  I can't imagine them responding like that this last decade or so.
How do you imagine them responding now?