Madonna booed in Bucharest for defending gypsies

Started by Capetan Mihali, August 27, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Siege on August 28, 2009, 09:10:14 PM
Did you even click on that link?
Is a racist song about forcing immigrants to speak english.

I speak with my wife in whatever language I want to. Well, we ussually speak in english but that's beside the point.
The point is, it is racist. And that bitch singin bring up her grandfather in WW2, probably a pog washing tanks.
I should show her my service record with the US Army, while speaking to her in hebrew.

Why is always the people that have apported the least to the greatness of America the ones that are unhappy with the new immigrants?

I am sorry anglet is not my first language, bitch!

Doesn't it say near the beginning something about please, speak English. That's rather polite.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: ulmont on August 28, 2009, 09:16:47 PM

Nah.  This is a racist song about forcing immigrants to speak English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx8qXTT6VAA&feature=PlayList&p=74BC4B5A6B1A3756&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Fuck man, you broke my heart.
I used to love SOD back in the day.

I feel so heartbroken, I think I'm going to open the bottle of Mogen Daavid, concord grape, I have for the shabbat.
Shabbat starts in a few.
My wife gonna kill me if i open it before thet shabbat diner.
Ok, another beer then.

SOD? Damn man.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

The point is, it is racist.
Not at all.  Language isn't a component of race.  Yet.
QuoteAnd that bitch singin bring up her grandfather in WW2, probably a pog washing tanks.
I should show her my service record with the US Army, while speaking to her in hebrew.
You should also show her all the classified documents you passed to the Chinese.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2009, 09:22:13 PM

I speak with my wife in whatever language I want to. Well, we ussually speak in english but that's beside the point.
The point is, it is racist. And that bitch singin bring up her grandfather in WW2, probably a pog washing tanks.

Why is always the people that have apported the least to the greatness of America the ones that are unhappy with the new immigrants?

I am sorry anglet is not my first language, bitch!

Doesn't it say near the beginning something about please, speak English. That's rather polite.

That's racist. Its not my fucing fault I was born in hell.

Siege

Neil, one of these days, I'm gonna get really ANGRY at you.

Neil

Quote from: Siege on August 28, 2009, 09:29:42 PM
Neil, one of these days, I'm gonna get really ANGRY at you.
I'm not too worried.  You're not hard enough to be a real threat.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Man, I just listened to that song again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0&feature=rec-r2

I am so pissed of!!!!!11111 :mad:

(I even took the time to post an smillie)

Fucking bitch!!!!!!!1111

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2009, 08:15:48 PM
This raises the question of whether we can consider you an unbiased source on the rhetorical equivalence of gypo.

:contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

The word "gypo" does not exist in the Hungarian language. The equivalent of "gypsy" can be and is used as a sort of insult of course, but the same circles use "jew" the same way so whatever. PC-obsessed people call them the Roma, so by that standard Martinus is also a racist jerk for calling them gypsies. Which is of course ridicoulous.

And I am quite reluctant to re-start my usual debate with people who obviously have no direct experience in interacting with this particular culture. Especially not if they showcase this by claiming that the core of the issue is gypsies not receiving education in the Romani language, which is so off the mark it's not even funny.

Cecil

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2009, 03:41:03 AM
The word "gypo" does not exist in the Hungarian language. The equivalent of "gypsy" can be and is used as a sort of insult of course, but the same circles use "jew" the same way so whatever. PC-obsessed people call them the Roma, so by that standard Martinus is also a racist jerk for calling them gypsies. Which is of course ridicoulous.

And I am quite reluctant to re-start my usual debate with people who obviously have no direct experience in interacting with this particular culture. Especially not if they showcase this by claiming that the core of the issue is gypsies not receiving education in the Romani language, which is so off the mark it's not even funny.

HOW DARE YOU imply that the problem is not the "majority culture" oppressing the poor roma who are just trying to get along with everyone else. :mad: