Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: KRonn on August 26, 2009, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2009, 11:06:18 AM
Quote from: KRonn on August 26, 2009, 10:56:25 AM
Post reported to the Democratic party machine enforcers.   :mad:   
Thank you, we were already aware of it.
Wow, you guys move fast!    :o
Unfortunately, they all move in different directions, twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on August 26, 2009, 07:05:53 PM
Shut up, Tim. You are worst than Jaron.
I haven't posted on this page.  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2009, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 26, 2009, 07:05:53 PM
Shut up, Tim. You are worst than Jaron.
I haven't posted on this page.  :huh:

You only think you didn't.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Have there been any confirmed acts of trollery with JR's piece yet?

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 26, 2009, 12:20:02 PM
Quote from: Jaron on August 26, 2009, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 26, 2009, 11:32:52 AM
I'm glad that Obama called him the greatest senator of our time.

Who else even comes close?

Depends on how you define "our time" but Mitchell and Dole were contemporaries with pretty good claims.
Mansfield certainly accomplished a fair bit as majority leader.  And LBJ deserves credit for his dominance over a fairly short Senate term.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2009, 09:57:32 AM
He was a despicable human being and a coward, and I will remember him as such.

Damn, Berkut, I don't have anything good to say about the guy, except maybe that he showed a bit of dignity during his battle with cancer, but it just ain't right to shit on him in a memorial thread like that.

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 26, 2009, 11:35:03 AM
:( Last of the "Greatest Generation of Kennedys" RIP
The last generation of Kennedys, really.  They were certainly greater than their father.  Their children are so contemptible as to be beneath attention.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 26, 2009, 10:36:13 AM
Let's try to remember the positives.

Ted Kennedy's life was about a driving need to cross bridges to make connections.  It was about plunging deeply into the river of experience and leaving the dead weight behind.  It was about drinking in fully the heady brew of politics, speeding widly into the hurly-burly without a care, taking some hard knocks, picking oneself up and heading into the twilight with no regrets and without looking back.  Sure Ted was a big spender, but he had a big heart, and he knew you can't get anything worthwhile done without spending a few Kopechs.  Who knows - he might have been President, if only he had hit the breaks.

:lmfao:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Hansmeister

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on August 26, 2009, 07:39:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/26/littlest.refusenik.kennedy/  He saved this chick apparently.

Amazing how a single article in the web can change the opinion one have of a politician.
I mean, is that article for real?

Now it is your job to change it back to where it was.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

The Chappaquiddick incident certainly wasn't his brightest moment, but don't you think it is a bit harsh to judge the man and his legacy based on an isolated act 40 years ago, especially if you take into account the amount of good he has done politically?

Fate

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2009, 04:51:00 AM
The Chappaquiddick incident certainly wasn't his brightest moment, but don't you think it is a bit harsh to judge the man and his legacy based on an isolated act 40 years ago, especially if you take into account the amount of good he has done politically?
Why? Grandstanding about the life of some worthless white chick is so much more fun.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2009, 04:51:00 AM

What did you have in mind?

I've been following politics the past decade and think of him in connection to two bills- an innocuous education bill that probably changed little, and an immigration bill that didn't manage to pass.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on August 26, 2009, 07:34:38 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2009, 09:57:32 AM
He was a despicable human being and a coward, and I will remember him as such.

Damn, Berkut, I don't have anything good to say about the guy, except maybe that he showed a bit of dignity during his battle with cancer, but it just ain't right to shit on him in a memorial thread like that.

Berkut hates commie pinko libruls.