Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 12:31:21 AM
Meh when when people suggested this before it was just wild-eyed Bush hate.  When it's confirmed it's something we already knew. :lol:

Who claimed it was wild eyed Bush hate?

It was claimed every time something came up critical of president Bush.

Really?

Every single time, by everyone?

What world do you live in again?

Did you ever say it?

This isn't about whether I *ever* said it - your claim is that it was claimed "every time something came up critical of president Bush".

And then you threw in "By everyone" (something I had not said).  Since you felt it nessacery to embellish what I said I suppose it's fair to ask you if you ever used the phrase Bush-Hitler.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 03:18:37 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 12:31:21 AM
Meh when when people suggested this before it was just wild-eyed Bush hate.  When it's confirmed it's something we already knew. :lol:

Who claimed it was wild eyed Bush hate?

It was claimed every time something came up critical of president Bush.

Really?

Every single time, by everyone?

What world do you live in again?

Did you ever say it?

This isn't about whether I *ever* said it - your claim is that it was claimed "every time something came up critical of president Bush".

And then you threw in "By everyone" (something I had not said).  Since you felt it nessacery to embellish what I said I suppose it's fair to ask you if you ever used the phrase Bush-Hitler.

"By everyone" simply follows from your

"It was claimed every time something came up critical of president Bush."

in response to my question of who claimed it was "wild eyed Bush hate". You certainly did not state that it was just SOME people, rather you said it is was "every time" which certainly implies "everyone", since if it was not eveyone, it could not be everytime.

Thanks for exemplifying my point though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Nice try, Berkut.  But no reasonable person would make that jump.  If I said that everytime I played Counterstrike I get TKed it does not follow that everyone is TKing me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Nice try, Berkut.  But no reasonable person would make that jump.  If I said that everytime I played Counterstrike I get TKed it does not follow that everyone is TKing me.

No, but if you claim that everytime someone is critical of Bush it is dismissed as "wild eyed Bush hate", and then when asked who did this you respond that "It was claimed every time something came up critical of president Bush." the in fact you are claiming that it is done by everyone - but the point is that you are doing exactly what I am talking about - dismissing everything by pretending like the entirety is defined by the few.

Which is why these kinds of discussions are so pointless to have with you.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2009, 03:49:33 PM
No, but if you claim that everytime someone is critical of Bush it is dismissed as "wild eyed Bush hate", and then when asked who did this you respond that "It was claimed every time something came up critical of president Bush." the in fact you are claiming that it is done by everyone - but the point is that you are doing exactly what I am talking about - dismissing everything by pretending like the entirety is defined by the few.

Which is why these kinds of discussions are so pointless to have with you.
Sorry Berkut, gotta side with Razzberry on this one.  "It was claimed every time" is not synonymous with "everyone claimed it."

Hansmeister

This is what Ridge's book actually said about that issue:

Quote"Let me make it very clear. I was never directed to do so no matter how many analysts, pundits or critics say so."

Looks like the publisher just wanted to gin up sales by inventing a controversy where there was none.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 21, 2009, 03:52:41 PM

Quote"Let me make it very clear. I was never directed to do so no matter how many analysts, pundits or critics say so."

Looks like the publisher just wanted to gin up sales by inventing a controversy where there was none.
Not a killer quote.  My quote was much more killer.

Razgovory

Well that settles it.  Someone (presumably Tom Ridge) was never directed by someone else to do something.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2009, 03:55:30 PM

Not a killer quote.  My quote was much more killer.
Sorry, I missed your post in the middle of the Berkut-Raz piss-fest.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on August 20, 2009, 03:53:49 PM
W. should be brought up on charges. :angry:
We all know that it's not feasible.  We'll just have to satisfy ourselves with knowing that George W. will most likely live to see the days when his presidency is nearly unanimously regarded as one of the very worst in the history of our country.  Ridge would be far from the last people in the know to write a damning book.

You can't have a two-termer being Worst President Ever. It would indicate that Americans are morans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Brain on August 21, 2009, 10:43:03 PM
You can't have a two-termer being Worst President Ever. It would indicate that Americans are morans.

That's a lot of Virginians in the House of Representatives. ;)
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on August 21, 2009, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on August 20, 2009, 03:53:49 PM
W. should be brought up on charges. :angry:
We all know that it's not feasible.  We'll just have to satisfy ourselves with knowing that George W. will most likely live to see the days when his presidency is nearly unanimously regarded as one of the very worst in the history of our country.  Ridge would be far from the last people in the know to write a damning book.

James Buchanon and Andrew Johnson are the worst and second worst presidents respectively.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point