Tom Ridge joins the list of guys who make up lies about Bush

Started by DGuller, August 20, 2009, 03:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

It should be a major story, as such actions are despicable.  However, I suspect that at this point, most people assume the worst about Bush anyway, and are apathetic towards all these revelations that merely confirm what they already thought or at least strongly suspected.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Hansmeister

Not everybody in the Bush administration always agreed about everything.  Wow, this is a major story. :P

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadBurgerMaker

Do they really even use those color coded alert levels anymore?  It seems like it's been a long time since I've heard anything about "Threat Level Orange" or whatever.  They were always kind of a joke anyway.  Or at least they were with my little circle of humanity.

Hansmeister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 20, 2009, 05:36:57 PM
Do they really even use those color coded alert levels anymore?  It seems like it's been a long time since I've heard anything about "Threat Level Orange" or whatever.  They were always kind of a joke anyway.  Or at least they were with my little circle of humanity.

Chertoff ditched them because nobody was paying attention to them anyway, they were just the butt of late night jokes.

Hansmeister

I also love the way the fake news reporter interposed relatively innocuous comment of Tom Ridge with anonymous "Bush critics" (i.e. the reporters thinly disguised personal opinion) as if Ridge's comments actually reinforced his fantasies.

Ridge probably won't mind, since it will help sell books.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 20, 2009, 05:40:14 PM
Chertoff ditched them because nobody was paying attention to them anyway, they were just the butt of late night jokes.

Ah okay...that explains it.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 20, 2009, 05:40:14 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 20, 2009, 05:36:57 PM

With good reason.  THey really were a joke.  THREAT LEVEL ORANGE MEANS THERE IS A POSSIBLE CHANCE THAT TERRORISTS MAY RIGHT NOW BE PLOTTING SOMETHING SOMEWHERE. 

Issue those a couple times a month and they rapidly became meaningless.
PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 03:51:33 PM
This is major.

At the first read, I thought so too, but read it again in light of Hans' last post. Take into account that he was possibly writing about fustration with the intergovernmental department battles and it may not be what you think.

In any event, if Ridge is accusing Bush of putting pressure on homeland security to hype up terrorism fears for political gains, he will continue to make that case until it is unambiguous.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 20, 2009, 05:43:39 PM
I also love the way the fake news reporter interposed relatively innocuous comment of Tom Ridge with anonymous "Bush critics" (i.e. the reporters thinly disguised personal opinion) as if Ridge's comments actually reinforced his fantasies.

Ridge probably won't mind, since it will help sell books.

What this about Fox News?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on August 20, 2009, 06:25:09 PM
At the first read, I thought so too, but read it again in light of Hans' last post. Take into account that he was possibly writing about fustration with the intergovernmental department battles and it may not be what you think.

In any event, if Ridge is accusing Bush of putting pressure on homeland security to hype up terrorism fears for political gains, he will continue to make that case until it is unambiguous.
If the first sentence of the article is correct, it's major.

Berkut

Yawn.

Even at the time nobody took that crap seriously. Does it matter if it was bogus due to basic incompetence or due to politics?

It's not like these accusations were not leveled at the time, and this is some kind of breaking news story.

Bush allowed politics to influence his decisions??? Oh noes! Why, he must be the firstest President ever to do such a thing!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned