News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Isn't the agceep free?

What's the difference with this thing? (honest question)

Fate

I assume the major feature will be the map that the AGC-EEP crew have delayed for two (?) years. I suppose this provides a better explanation of why it was delayed so long when suitable alternatives such as MyMap and Mad King James' original maps were available for modding in 2006. Frankly all EU2 really needed, beyond AI, was an increase in provinces. I'm not sure if the game will hold quite the same appeal in 2009.

garbon

Quote from: Fate on August 19, 2009, 10:46:50 PM
I assume the major feature will be the map that they've taken two(?) years to release.

False. That will still be made available for free. It'd be quite of rude of me to take so much time and then say, "oh, y'all gotsta pay for that" no? ;)

@Zoupa - Yes the AGCEEP is free and is just being tossed into FTG as a bonus (sort of like when the AGC and some other mods were tossed in a eu2 bundle, back in the day).  I can't say much as p'dox has us on a developer diary sort of scheme, but it basically boils down to a lot of code re-works to provide different features and bugfixes. Tooling around under the hood.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I will say that I am eager for the game, but the title is a bit silly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Por la Gloire?  (my best French in action)

Still sounds silly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

They should have named it:

For the Win!
A Paradox product or "how we're still milking our cash cow from 8 years ago"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 19, 2009, 11:16:00 PM
Por la Gloire?  (my best French in action)

Still sounds silly.

If the forum were up, you could ask on there about the name. I don't remember why our lead chose it. :blush:

Jaron

Is it a new map???

GRR..

I hate Paradox, but I have to support my #1 negro. :(

Shouts out to San Fran. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on August 19, 2009, 11:17:44 PM
They should have named it:

For the Win!
A Paradox product or "how we're still milking our cash cow from 8 years ago"

What are you talking about, boo? I wasn't making no monies 8 years ago.

garbon

Zoupa

It seems a bit silly to release an expansion pack that consists mostly of free stuff, a full 8 years post release, and with a whole new iteration of the game already out  :huh:

I don't see how this could be successful, unless it's around 10 bucks, max.

Fate

Quote from: Zoupa on August 20, 2009, 12:14:14 AM
It seems a bit silly to release an expansion pack that consists mostly of free stuff, a full 8 years post release, and with a whole new iteration of the game already out  :huh:

The map bro. I'll gladly fork up 40$ or whatever it is for a well supported version of MyMap with the current library of AGCEEP events.

Eddie Teach

Well, my EU2 disks are corrupted and playing EU1 a few months ago mainly made me jones for EU2 so I could see paying 20.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Fate on August 20, 2009, 12:26:00 AM

The map bro. I'll gladly fork up 40$ or whatever it is for a well supported version of MyMap with the current library of AGCEEP events.

Why not play EU3 instead though, if it'sgoing to retail at 40$?