And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: ulmont on April 19, 2010, 02:34:55 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 02:30:29 PM
The last games in their series are HOI3, EU3, Victoria 2 (in progress) and CK1? And those are all their series?

Also EU:Rome.

...and, from the dead pile, Diplomacy and Svea Rike (Crown of the North, Two Thrones).

Is EU:Rome a new game, or just a mod from EU?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

ulmont

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 02:47:39 PM
Is EU:Rome a new game, or just a mod from EU?

It's a new game, based on the EU3 engine.  It isn't all that great, even with its one expansion.

DGuller

It's not reasonable to expect a Paradox game to be good after only one expansion, though.

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2010, 03:25:03 PM
It's not reasonable to expect a Paradox game to be good after only one expansion, though.

CK is.   :ph34r:

alfred russel

Are they ever going to make a new CK? That was a great game idea, not so well executed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 03:33:01 PM
Are they ever going to make a new CK? That was a great game idea, not so well executed.
Blame the Russians.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

ulmont

EU:Rome actually has some of the ideas a new CK would need - traits, loyalty, etc.

alfred russel

Quote from: ulmont on April 19, 2010, 03:48:30 PM

EU:Rome actually has some of the ideas a new CK would need - traits, loyalty, etc.

The worst part about CK was that it became a breeding program.

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 03:59:59 PM

That disappeared with the expansion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2010, 04:01:06 PM

That disappeared with the expansion.

That's good to hear--how did they accomplish that?

garbon

Children stats develop over time and are not linked to parental stats.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2010, 04:18:08 PM
Children stats develop over time and are not linked to parental stats.

So you frequently end up with really crappy rulers?

Barrister

That was one of the more entertaining aspects of the game.  I became much more interested in breeding a super-heir than I was about trying to arrange advantageous matches in terms of inheritance...

Not sure if a CK2 would ever see the light of day.  Apparently CK did not sell well.  On the other hand though, it's not as if Vicky sold well either...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2010, 04:27:31 PM

That was one of the more entertaining aspects of the game.  I became much more interested in breeding a super-heir than I was about trying to arrange advantageous matches in terms of inheritance...

Not sure if a CK2 would ever see the light of day.  Apparently CK did not sell well.  On the other hand though, it's not as if Vicky sold well either...

Johan posted once that Vicky sold worse than CK.

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 04:20:01 PM
So you frequently end up with really crappy rulers?

You can if you don't meddle (assassinations, changing succession laws...).