News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I knew Overreactus would be with me.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

If we get a Languish game going, I'm taking Italy.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Camerus

Hey Jaron, when are you going to write your review for Victoria 2?

Jaron

Just before it comes out.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2010, 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 15, 2010, 11:49:51 AM
More small minorities would be nice.
As long as of course we don't treat '100 Armenian farmers' exactly the same as '40000 Italian farmers'.
Though, incidentally, the combined total nose length of the different groups is about equal. 

This is looking really good, though I do hope there is some model of colonization.  I WANT TO RUSSIFY BRITISH COLUMBIA AND SAMARKHAND, DAMN IT! 
I just used those two for examples.
It always sucked how a small group of 100 fit the same slot as a huge group. And if they were a minority they would just stay there without vanishing.

And that would be nice. You should be able to fund big advertising campaigns in the home country to encourage emigration to certain colonies. And of course arrange (via spending money) for the deportation of criminals to certain colonies. Or if you're teh ev0l outright deportation of folks (costly of course). And that sort of thing.
There should be more cool little things you can do at home rather than just factories, railways and a few political and social reforms.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Drakken on April 15, 2010, 10:28:33 AM
they'll stop relying on uselessly unproductive slave workers who just want to have the game free voluntary beta-testers to rely on internal QA teams instead.
They should be utilizing both, actually.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2010, 08:57:53 PM
Just finished reading all the Dev Journals.  Dairy factoring the the fuck out right now.   :) 

lol can i be; tsarist virgin lands?
Tainted.

Queequeg

What did I ever do to deserve tainting things?  Besides my esoteric interests I thought it was generally established that I had good taste in music, TV, novels and movies. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on April 16, 2010, 03:27:29 PM
What did I ever do to deserve tainting things?  Besides my esoteric interests I thought it was generally established that I had good taste in music, TV, novels and movies.
Don't you go crazy over anything by a Russian?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

I generally don't believe in, or make reference to, "tainting", so I have nothing to say on that front.

But no, you're widely accepted to have bizarre taste.  Not good.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Dude, relax, it's a natural forum reaction to anyone who goes apeshit over something a la Tim.  :)

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2010, 05:44:39 PM
Dude, relax, it's a natural forum reaction to anyone who goes apeshit over something a la Tim.  :)
Fair enough.

But no, you're widely accepted to have bizarre taste.  Not good.
:rolleyes:
I'm just passionate about some esoteric things.  My taste in movies isn't that different from Sheilbh's, and my taste in music is fairly standard for a hipster-leaning student of my age. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

alfred russel

Is this the only game paradox is working on? The last games in their series are HOI3, EU3, Victoria 2 (in progress) and CK1? And those are all their series?

Their forum is cluttered with a bunch of games other people are developing, making it hard to figure this out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 02:30:29 PM
Is this the only game paradox is working on? The last games in their series are HOI3, EU3, Victoria 2 (in progress) and CK1? And those are all their series?

Their forum is cluttered with a bunch of games other people are developing, making it hard to figure this out.

Vic II and the latest HOI3 expansion.

That they've announced at least.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 02:30:29 PM
The last games in their series are HOI3, EU3, Victoria 2 (in progress) and CK1? And those are all their series?

Also EU:Rome.

...and, from the dead pile, Diplomacy and Svea Rike (Crown of the North, Two Thrones).