And we're back!

Main Menu

The Everyposter

Started by Eddie Teach, August 08, 2009, 09:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2009, 04:53:05 PM
Good. Bug him for a meet now.

As Raz seems to have declared me his new best friend, Cal is despondent and needs a shoulder to cry on within easy driving distance.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Platonic ideal?  Monkeybutt or Berkut.  Both smart and funny guys, but their status as the exemplar depends entirely on whether you think Languish is or ideally ought to be kind of a belligerent mellow or a bit higher strung and fuller of generalized hate.

Edit: Actually, split the difference, and call it "Vinraith."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

I always thought a Platonic ideal was an abstract version of what a thing *is* and not what it tries to be. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the other allusion(the "everyman") should clearly rule out Berkut in this context.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 02:50:07 AM
I always thought a Platonic ideal was an abstract version of what a thing *is* and not what it tries to be. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the other allusion(the "everyman") should clearly rule out Berkut in this context.

Berkut is the face of the American Dream come true.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2009, 05:10:11 AM

The American dream does not involve being a bitter cuckold who hates non-white and the poor.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2009, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2009, 04:50:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2009, 04:56:12 AMCool!  You are my new best friend!
:(

Good. Bug him for a meet now.

Good luck with that.  I never leave my house let alone the state.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Platonic ideal?  Monkeybutt or Berkut.  Both smart and funny guys, but their status as the exemplar depends entirely on whether you think Languish is or ideally ought to be kind of a belligerent mellow or a bit higher strung and fuller of generalized hate.

Edit: Actually, split the difference, and call it "Vinraith."

'Belligerent mellow'. I like that.

Actually, my policy is this:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 08, 2009, 02:06:44 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 08, 2009, 01:35:30 PM
I nominate BarristerBoy.
He's also racist as hell.
O'RLY?

Thank you Jimmy. :hug:

I wondered where that came from as well.   :huh:  I love my First Nations neighbors.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 06:39:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2009, 05:10:11 AM

The American dream does not involve being a bitter cuckold who hates non-white and the poor.

Don't hold back Raz!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2009, 12:50:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:45:39 PM
Don't hold back Raz!

You hate me, Berkut? :cry:

:lmfao:

He is very sensitive. And to think he used to write me PMs asking why people don't like him. And to think I actually responded and defended him!

Oh well, live and learn I guess. You'd think I was some kind of ex-lover the way he goes on and on.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2009, 12:21:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 08, 2009, 02:06:44 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 08, 2009, 01:35:30 PM
I nominate BarristerBoy.
He's also racist as hell.
O'RLY?

Thank you Jimmy. :hug:

I wondered where that came from as well.   :huh:  I love my First Nations neighbors.

Actually, BB would be a pretty decent nominee. Opinionated, but moderate, well liked, nothing really objectionable about him, and he isn't nearly as bizarre as many.

0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.