Chavez tells military to be prepared for conflict

Started by jimmy olsen, August 10, 2009, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2009, 08:57:41 AM
Quote from: KRonn on August 11, 2009, 08:53:28 AM
Chavez is doomed!    ;)   While he was cozying up to the Ruskies, getting a port visit by a few Russian ships, the US has been cozying up with Colombia, working and helping them to successfully fight the insurgents and drug cartels for some years now. So now Chavez has a more capable Colombian military on his border, besides US units and military assets on Colombian bases as well.    :cool: 

I kinda would like to see him try something, to see how his peasant rabble fares against US-trained Colombians.  I'm sure the Colombians might like the opportunity to turn some of those captured FARC AT-4s back against Chavez :D

Would actually be a bit curious how that would turn out as well. Last I heard Colombias military is actually pretty formidable and would curbstomp the Venzuelans in short order. Otoh they still have fighting in their own country to do I guess and keeping up pressure on those FARCtards is a more valuable use of their time.

Valmy

I repeat a huge factor here: Venezuela has not fought a war since becoming independent from Spain, I hardly think their population would be that enthusiastic to fight their first ever war just to satisfy Chavez's regional ambitions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

WAR!  :w00t:

And, pending a catastrophic military defeat, Chavez' regime might even fall in the process.  :thumbsup: