News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has the American Right Gone Crazy?

Started by Faeelin, August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 08:59:00 PM:huh:
It's a semantic issue.  We all know the CIA warned the White House that there was a possibility of an AQ terrorist attack directed against the terrritorial United States.  An average person seeing the question "did Bush have prior knowledge of the 9/11 attack" could interpret that to mean did he have *any* prior knowledge.

Martinus

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 06:15:49 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM
I'm curious if anyone else is getting creeped out by the happenings of late. Physical assaults on Congressmen, teabaggers storming town hall meetings to avoid letting Congressmen talk to constituents and starting fights, while a plurality of the GOP believe Obama wasn't born in America.

WTF is going on?

You do know that it was the Democrat that assaulted the protester?  So what's wrong with leftists?  nevermind, we all know that violence comes natural to the left.

Damn you, Hans. You ruined your online persona for me with your squeaky-voiced-fatso kid video you posted. No matter of trolling and posturing will fix that now.  :(

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
I'm sure this is somehow proof that the right-wing has gone crazy.  :rolleyes:

No we generally just have you around as proof of that.

No, we have him as a proof that the right has gone obese and never reached puberty.

garbon

Marty, do you ever get tired of yourself? Posting a lame fatso comment twice in a row...it's just sad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 01:23:46 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 07, 2009, 12:39:56 PM
According to Jimmy Carter, Reagan was going to cut Medicare and kill off all the old people.  According to Walter Mondale (during the next presidential campaign) he had already done so.

:lol:

Yeah I sometimes forget how Reagan was destroying America by cutting programs.

Well, maybe he did not destroy America, but by cutting funding to mental health treatment, he pushed many mental health patients into the streets. And lack of funding offered to HIV treatment/prevention at the early stage of the epidemic is responsible for the fact that the disease was not contained earlier (unlike, say in Britain, where Maggie, to her credit and despite any political/ideological views she may have had, tackled the problem much more seriously).

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on August 07, 2009, 01:30:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:51:23 PM
Democrats & the unions are irrevocably tied together.  Democrats (minus some blue dogs) = left.  So yeah, unions = left.

Frankly if the Unions aren't leftwing I don't know who is.
I don't think they're traditionally left wing, if you think of a Starbucks-sipping New Yorker as a traditional left-winger.  The union people could well be good right-wingers if not for the protection of their racket that Democrats pledge to them.

Well, I don't think this is limited to the unions - in fact, I'd say most of the left is like this. The left is much more diverse than the right, because it has traditionally represented interests of various groups that felt oppressed by the system and sought to change the status quo, whereas the right has usually represented the status quo and thus has been much more monolithic.

A gay executive from San Francisco, a latte-sipping New York Jewish intellectual, a black person from Arkansas and a unionised worker from Detroit have very little to do with each other, despite this alliance of convenience, and one is not more "leftist" than another (although, possibly, the more politically aware ones realize they need to keep the alliance going, so pay lip service to the overall ideals more than the less educated/aware ones (thus you will have more gay executives and Jewish intellectuals denouncing racism and oppression of workers, than you will have black Christians or white workers denouncing homophobia and antisemitism). :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 07, 2009, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2009, 07:29:50 PM
Did Bush have prior knowledge of 9/11 is not a good comparison for Obama's Indonesian birth because we know Bush did in fact have prior knowledge.

A better comparison might be Democrats who think Bush knew Saddam did not have WMD.
:huh:

The 9/11 thing is slightly more confusing since many people believe the government was warned by several sources and did nothing out of incompetance.  For the Truthers the question would be closer to "Did Bush engineer 9/11"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

The Right will stop these mob activities when someone bombs a federal building.  We already had an abortion doctor killed and Free Republic birther shoot up a holocaust museum.

Oh and some right wingers picked a fight at one of these town hall in St. Louis the other day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2009, 02:23:21 AM
Marty, do you ever get tired of yourself? Posting a lame fatso comment twice in a row...it's just sad.

Marti checked his weight this morning and he gained half a kilo. So he is lashing out.

I KNEW I shouldn't have ate those bon bons!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Martinus has some pretty deep-seated problems regarding his personal appearance.  He's overcompensating.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2009, 07:41:25 AM
Martinus has some pretty deep-seated problems regarding his personal appearance.  He's overcompensating.

Well to be fair, you would to if you were looked like Marty.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 07, 2009, 01:30:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:51:23 PM
Democrats & the unions are irrevocably tied together.  Democrats (minus some blue dogs) = left.  So yeah, unions = left.

Frankly if the Unions aren't leftwing I don't know who is.
I don't think they're traditionally left wing, if you think of a Starbucks-sipping New Yorker as a traditional left-winger.  The union people could well be good right-wingers if not for the protection of their racket that Democrats pledge to them.

Gotta agree with DG - the fact that Strix is cheerleading for Unions just shows that their loyalty is pretty much not at all based on ideology, but on personal best interest.

They are "left" only because the left bought them. Or rather the left is pro-union because the unions bought them, actually.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Faeelin on August 07, 2009, 11:15:54 PM
"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote [on her facebook page].

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090808/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_health_care

Ladies and gents, this is the woman the GOP thought should be vice president.

:bleeding:

Every time I get despondent over voting for Obama, Sarah is kind enough to remind me why it was necessary.

Thanks Sarah!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

There is something seriously wrong with that women.