And we're back!

Main Menu

Has the American Right Gone Crazy?

Started by Faeelin, August 06, 2009, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on August 08, 2009, 09:46:44 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 07, 2009, 11:15:54 PM
"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote [on her facebook page].

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090808/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_health_care

Ladies and gents, this is the woman the GOP thought should be vice president.

:bleeding:

Every time I get despondent over voting for Obama, Sarah is kind enough to remind me why it was necessary.

Thanks Sarah!
McCain isn't dead yet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on August 07, 2009, 04:07:06 PM
I have heard that Hitler wasn't even born in Germany. The similarities are scary.
:D

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2009, 10:08:55 AM
There is something seriously wrong with that women.

I agree. Especially the one looking like George Bush.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on August 07, 2009, 04:07:06 PM
I have heard that Hitler wasn't even born in Germany. The similarities are scary.

OMG!!! Obama wasn't born in Germany either!!!! OMG Obamitler!!!!!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

LIVE VIDEO: President Obama holds news conference with leaders from Canada and Mexico
Protesters Demand Apology For Fracas At Town Hall Meeting

By Teresa Woodard

August 8, 2009
CENTRAL WEST END (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - About 200 people, many members of the so called "tea party" movement in St. Louis, held a peaceful protest outside the offices of the Service Employees International Union Saturday, demanding an apology after a fracas at a town hall meeting in South County Thursday night. A fist fight broke out outside a senior care forum held by Representative Russ Carnahan at Bernard Middle School. People on both sides of the health care reform issue showed up at the rally. And one individual claims he was beaten by members of the SEIU. There were six arrests.

The St. Louis Tea Party organized the rally Saturday, and Ken Gladney, who says he was the target of the attack, was there in a wheelchair.

The crowd was peaceful, but demanded an apology from SEIU, Rep. Carnahan, and President Obama.

No one from SEIU appeared to be inside the offices in the Central West End, where the protest was held.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBOgPCh9w&feature=player_embedded

WTF people. Leave the debating to the professionals. I know I shouldn't think that way, this is getting out of hand.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Every time I get despondent over voting for Obama, Sarah is kind enough to remind me why it was necessary.

Thanks Sarah!

Yep, thank God we don't have a half-wit nutjob as Vice President now, right?   :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Thanks Sarah!

Yep, thank God we don't have a half-wit nutjob as Vice President now, right?   :lol:

Dude, Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Palin.

And odds of Obama dropping dead in office <<<<<<<<< odds of McCain dropping dead in office.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:55:10 PM
Dude, Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Palin.

And odds of Obama dropping dead in office <<<<<<<<< odds of McCain dropping dead in office.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I love Biden. He's goofy, he told Euros off during the Bush Administration and may drop an F-Bomb on TV.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I got in the car today to go to a funeral.  Soon as I started the car I heard Rush Limbaugh say these words.  Hitler, Lenin, Stalin all men of the left.  At least I know where Hans gets it now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 02:55:33 PM
I got in the car today to go to a funeral.  Soon as I started the car I heard Rush Limbaugh say these words.  Hitler, Lenin, Stalin all men of the left.  At least I know where Hans gets it now.

People put too much stock into that left/right thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 03:03:24 PM
Indeed. Especially internationally, it's not very useful.

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on August 10, 2009, 03:05:34 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 03:03:24 PM
Indeed. Especially internationally, it's not very useful.

I dunno.  Since it didn't originate in our country it is sort of an international thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 04:46:09 PM
I dunno.  Since it didn't originate in our country it is sort of an international thing.

It's French actually. I'm a hardcore leftist because I want to tear down the Ancien Regime, you see. How can that not be relevant today?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I suppose the french term "third world" is also useless.  You should jump on someone for using the outdated term.