News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Critics not Allowd to Preview GI Joe

Started by Savonarola, August 06, 2009, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Shit. Thats some wacky tobacky you smokin Valmmeister V.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 12:12:51 PM
:blink:

So your position is basically that GI Joe was not a violent cartoon?  Am I reading your posts correctly?  I know you have not come out and said that but that's the subtext that I am seeing.

I guess I consider 'R rated violence' to be graphic blood and guts.  I don't consider people running around shooting guns and not hitting anything to be R rated.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 07, 2009, 12:17:29 PM
Shit. Thats some wacky tobacky you smokin Valmmeister V.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  You guys are not total idiots surely that you cannot see the difference between graphic violence and saturday morning cartoon violence.

Turn your brain on please.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

No, I can see the difference between cartoon violence and bloody gory violence.

All I was trying to say is that it doesn't surprise me that the movie is ultra violent because the GI Joe cartoon was ultra violent.  It might have been cartoonish (which makes sense, because duh it was a cartoon), but it was still violent.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Don't you know that those ratings on entirely based on sexual content?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 12:22:36 PM
All I was trying to say is that it doesn't surprise me that the movie is ultra violent because the GI Joe cartoon was ultra violent.  It might have been cartoonish (which makes sense, because duh it was a cartoon), but it was still violent.

True but it would still be surprising if there was a high level of death of gore given as those things rarely, if ever, were in GI Joe which seems to me what R rated violence means.

That there would be cool action packed fight scenes...yeah that is a given.

We seem to have a hard time communicating in this thread.

derspiess

Calling it "ultra violent" is misleading.  Lots of explosions & shooting, but nobody ever dies.  A *truly* ultra violent GI Joe cartoon would have kicked ass, though.  Would have loved to see Destro cap some Joe :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Vince on August 06, 2009, 02:34:43 PM
Hacksaw Jim Duggan would have clubbed the Sheikh with his 2x4.   :menace:

The Fridge would've kicked all their asses combined :contract:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

:bleeding:

That's when GI Joe truly jumped the shark.

Valmy

:lol: They made him a GI Joe character?  That is awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 12:30:10 PM
:lol: They made him a GI Joe character?  That is awesome.
Yep.  Sergeant Slaughter was a pretty cool crossover, but putting The Fridge in there was just way over the top.

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:26:21 PM

Calling it "ultra violent" is misleading.  Lots of explosions & shooting, but nobody ever dies.  A *truly* ultra violent GI Joe cartoon would have kicked ass, though.  Would have loved to see Destro cap some Joe :)

Heh, a GI Joe cartoon that resembled the first half-hour of Saving Private Ryan:D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 07, 2009, 01:41:53 PM
Heh, a GI Joe cartoon that resembled the first half-hour of Saving Private Ryan:D

The Cobra mooks surrender and Duke guns them down!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:26:21 PM

Exactly.  Just because there's a bunch of guns doesn't make it ultraviolence.  Ultraviolence should have severe, bloody, random beatings, as well as at least one rape.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.