News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Critics not Allowd to Preview GI Joe

Started by Savonarola, August 06, 2009, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: PRC on August 07, 2009, 06:06:28 PM
The early G.I. Joe comic book series from Marvel was awesome, especially the run drawn by Mike Zeck.
Marvel's toy comics were really rather good.  GI Joe, Transformers, Sectaurs, Air Raiders.  All of them were pretty good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

So anyway, in this movie did Lady Jaye shoot down any Cobra jets flying at Mach 2 at 29,000 feet by throwing an explosive spear at them? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Cobra sucked in the cartoons because they'd toss the captured Joes in prison without taking their backpacks, guns, or knives.
PDH!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2009, 12:23:45 PM
Don't you know that those ratings on entirely based on sexual content?
If by "entirely based on sexual content" you mean based on what the reviewers deem to be acceptable levels of coarse language, depictions of violence, and sexual content, then yes.

Anyway, I think what Cal's getting at is that the movie's a different genre, but that it'd be believable that the movie and the cartoon would have the same proportion of graphic violence to their respective genre- lasers and explosions to be risque for the kiddies and blood and lots of juicy gore to be risque for the different audience of prime-time moviegoers.
Experience bij!

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 11:35:17 AM
Well, that's just ridiculous.  I can't believe a GI Joe movie would contain an excessive amount of violence.

I do find that hard to believe.  I cannot recall anybody actually getting hurt in a GI Joe cartoon.

Plastic feels no pain remember?

But I remember that after Optimus Prime getting killed in the Transformers Cartoon Movie the adverse reaction to that kept them from killing Duke.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 07, 2009, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 07, 2009, 02:21:24 PM
In the 1970s Title IX was applied to super hero teams in the landmark case Diana Prince vs. Justice League of America.

I'm going to preempt Tim by remarking on what an awesome post this was. :thumbsup:

wow there is such a thing as a "pre-taint"

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 06, 2009, 11:50:29 AM
Yeah.  Without him it would have just have been Tom Baker in a sad, sad, finale to his long career.
I really enjoyed watching Thora Birch destroy her career as well.

What annoys me is that chick who played the wizard hasn't done anything else that I've seen.  She was HOTT.

Agree totally.  I'd like to see more of her in less.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quick imdb search shows her being a regular on the tv shows JAG and Dirty Sexy Money.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I don't watch TV.  TV is for the unwashed masses.

Caliga

But you're right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAQ0DCZocc

Ugh, I hate haircuts that short though.  Instant turnoff.  Women cannot have hair shorter than shoulder-length or they look like men with tits to me. :x

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
But you're right:

Ugh, I hate haircuts that short though.  Instant turnoff.  Women cannot have hair shorter than shoulder-length or they look like men with tits to me. :x

It works for some better then others.  But I prefer shoulder length.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

I'm seeing this tomorrow.  Its at a place called Chunky's, you sit in old comfortable car seats and can eat and drink.  I'm thinking a beer or three and a frozen rum drink will make this somewhat less bad.
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
But you're right:

Caveman instinct say; "Long hair says I am a healthy and a potentially available mate, short hair says I am too busy with other stuff to try to keep looking like I am a healthy and a potentially available mate."

Cerr

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 08, 2009, 11:52:24 AM
I'm seeing this tomorrow.  Its at a place called Chunky's, you sit in old comfortable car seats and can eat and drink.  I'm thinking a beer or three and a frozen rum drink will make this somewhat less bad.
Yeah that'll help.
It's not a terrible movie, just very silly(if you're familar with other GI Joe stuff you know what to expect) with some cheesy lines and dodgy special fx. The break in and the subsequent Paris chase are well done and fun. On the whole, I enjoyed the film. I might have been a bit too critical in my earlier post.
I'd give it a two and a half out of five.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive