News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israeli atrocities in Gaza

Started by DGuller, March 21, 2009, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 12:44:31 PM

This is some epic fail in posting - it actually looks like Hamas probably has to WORK to find good launch site that are close to civilians!

Hamas would have to WORK to do such a thing because they do not engage in it. They do work to find good launch sites against Israeli military targets.

Richard Hakluyt

I really think this is a non-issue. It is very satisfying to be able to say that about a Israel/Palestine argument  :cool:

There are clearly areas where Hamas could launch it's rockets from that are more or less free of civilians. Of course that would be pointless as the Israeli airforce would blast them into non-existence 10 minutes later, the civilian shield and poignant civilian casualties are an essential part of their MO.

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:47:42 PM
Hamas would have to WORK to do such a thing because they do not engage in it. They do work to find good launch sites against Israeli military targets.

This post makes no sense, Berkut was talking about the launch sites not the targets.  Besides, you have no evidence at all that supports the assertion that Hamas only fires at military targets. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Porkbutt doesn't strike me as a very valuable organization.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
The MSM certainly won't report it, but Hamas regularly makes statements on the targets of their mortar and missile strikes.

http://www.alqassam.ps/english/?action=statements

Example:
E.Q.B. fired five mortars at special forces east of Khanyounis

Al-Qassam Brigades is declaring its responsibility for the following operations as a response to Zionist aggression on the Palestinian civilians:

Day: Sunday   Date: March 22nd, 2009.

Ø     Time: 09:50 Ø Al Qassam Brigades announced that it fired five mortars at Zionist special forces east of Khanyounis city south of Gaza.

These operations are part of the repelling operations against the occupation assaults on Gaza Strip and West Bank, and as a response for the ongoing aggression against Palestinian people.

Here's another good example. :lol:   

QuoteMilitary communiqué

Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades - the military wing of Hamas

Al Qassam Brigades fired eight rockets at Sderot settlement

After recent events that have occurred on the territory of the Gaza Strip, after the Zionist treacherous aggression on our people, we are clarifying some facts to reach clear message to all parties, and the Zionist enemy to read between the lines ...

Al Qassam Brigades executed the following mission:

Day: Friday.

Time: Between 8:50 to 09:10.

Operation: Shelling Sderot settlement by eight Qassam rockets.

Result: Number of settlers were wounded.

We are warning the Zionist entity to continue its aggression against the Palestinian people, our response will be doubled. The calm will not prevent us to respond at the Zionist crimes in Gaza strip and West Bank.

Berkut

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 24, 2009, 12:48:31 PM
I really think this is a non-issue. It is very satisfying to be able to say that about a Israel/Palestine argument  :cool:

There are clearly areas where Hamas could launch it's rockets from that are more or less free of civilians. Of course that would be pointless as the Israeli airforce would blast them into non-existence 10 minutes later, the civilian shield and poignant civilian casualties are an essential part of their MO.

Indeed. I don't even think targeting Israelis civilians is nearly as important as getting their own targeted in return.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

There are areas of light settlement both near the coast, and near the armistice line, north and south.  There are several viable options for sites nowhere near any buffer zone.  The buffer zones are less less than 300 meters in depth.

I would say Fate failed but that would require that he actually make an effort to succeed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 12:47:01 PM
Considering Fate's obvious insider and intimate knowledge of Hamas I have to say you must be mistaken Berkut.
I've provided plenty of evidence of Hamas' intention of targeting military targets. Although, the FBI probably puts you on a watch list for clicking on that link.  :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:51:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 12:47:01 PM
Considering Fate's obvious insider and intimate knowledge of Hamas I have to say you must be mistaken Berkut.
I've provided plenty of evidence of Hamas' intention of targeting military targets. Although, the FBI probably puts you on a watch list for clicking on that link.  :lol:

More epic fail.

Your claim was not that they targeted military targets, it was that they did not target civilians, which would mean they ONLY target military targets.

Of course this is trivial to disprove by simply providing a single example of a non-military target, as has been done.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Fate

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 12:49:55 PM
Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
The MSM certainly won't report it, but Hamas regularly makes statements on the targets of their mortar and missile strikes.

http://www.alqassam.ps/english/?action=statements

Example:
E.Q.B. fired five mortars at special forces east of Khanyounis

Al-Qassam Brigades is declaring its responsibility for the following operations as a response to Zionist aggression on the Palestinian civilians:

Day: Sunday   Date: March 22nd, 2009.

Ø     Time: 09:50 Ø Al Qassam Brigades announced that it fired five mortars at Zionist special forces east of Khanyounis city south of Gaza.

These operations are part of the repelling operations against the occupation assaults on Gaza Strip and West Bank, and as a response for the ongoing aggression against Palestinian people.

Here's another good example. :lol:   

QuoteMilitary communiqué

Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades - the military wing of Hamas

Al Qassam Brigades fired eight rockets at Sderot settlement

After recent events that have occurred on the territory of the Gaza Strip, after the Zionist treacherous aggression on our people, we are clarifying some facts to reach clear message to all parties, and the Zionist enemy to read between the lines ...

Al Qassam Brigades executed the following mission:

Day: Friday.

Time: Between 8:50 to 09:10.

Operation: Shelling Sderot settlement by eight Qassam rockets.

Result: Number of settlers were wounded.

We are warning the Zionist entity to continue its aggression against the Palestinian people, our response will be doubled. The calm will not prevent us to respond at the Zionist crimes in Gaza strip and West Bank.
Sure that's an example, but it's hardly representative. The vast majority of the targets are specifically against the Israeli military.

grumbler

Quote from: frunk on March 24, 2009, 12:31:11 PM
Except LA is >10 times the area of the least dense area of Gaza, meaning it's easier to have greater/lesser concentrations of population.  The swaths of population density on the given map don't give the detail necessary to tell if it is concentrated on the coast, inland or spread more uniformly.
So, what you are saying is that you chose the example of LA poorly?  Okay, I agree, and I accept your withdrawal of LA as a comparison.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:53:50 PM
Sure that's an example, but it's hardly representative. The vast majority of the targets are specifically against the Israeli military.

Fuck one sheep. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2009, 12:20:12 PM
Pay no attention to grumbler. The man thinks that if you want to have sex with a woman you want to rape her. True story.
Well, wasn't he on active duty during Tailhook?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:53:50 PM
Sure that's an example, but it's hardly representative.
Neither is the time frame covered by the communiques in your link.

grumbler

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 12:47:42 PM
Hamas has publicly stated that they try to maximize Palestinian civilian casualties and that they are uninterested in hitting Israeli military targets because not enough innocents die when military targets are hit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!