And we're back!

Main Menu

Israeli atrocities in Gaza

Started by DGuller, March 21, 2009, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 11:05:14 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:02:19 AM
In that they shot it, for the most part, at actual military units rather than towns, yes they were.
Hamas is shooting at actual military units rather than towns.

Evidence for this claim?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 10:55:16 AM
The goal of Hamas military activity is to kill Israeli military personnel who are unjustly occupying Palestinian territory. Hamas has no ill will towards the civilian population.

If they have so little ill will why do they hide among a civilian population while carrying out their attacks?
Gaza is one of the most densely settled areas in the world. Hamas has no choice but to fight the Israeli occupying force with civilians nearby.

Berkut

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 11:10:23 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 10:55:16 AM
The goal of Hamas military activity is to kill Israeli military personnel who are unjustly occupying Palestinian territory. Hamas has no ill will towards the civilian population.

If they have so little ill will why do they hide among a civilian population while carrying out their attacks?
Gaza is one of the most densely settled areas in the world. Hamas has no choice but to fight the Israeli occupying force with civilians nearby.

That is simply untrue. It is not so densely settled that there are not plenty of areas that are not near civilians.

Hell, it is mostly just desert. Certainly the urban areas are incredibly crowded. But it is not just one giant city.

0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 11:08:11 AM
Fate has insider info it seems.  What Hamas actually plans to do is a mystery to me but he has it all figured out.
I guess we'll never know for sure. :(

Fate

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:11:41 AM
Hell, it is mostly just desert.
:yeahright:

No, Gaza is not mostly desert. Where do you get these crazy ideas? Perhaps you shouldn't rely so heavily on Newsmax for your information on the Middle East.

DGuller

Fate, when you get your explosive belt, make sure you give it a test run or two in an isolated area, before you do anything else.

Fate

Quote from: DGuller on March 24, 2009, 11:30:58 AM
Fate, when you get your explosive belt, make sure you give it a test run or two in an isolated area, before you do anything else.
That would be unnecessary. Israel has already doomed itself to future Arab domination by refusing to implement a two state solution and electing a far right nut job.

Berkut

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 11:30:48 AM

No, Gaza is not mostly desert. Where do you get these crazy ideas? Perhaps you shouldn't rely so heavily on Newsmax for your information on the Middle East.

Fate fails again.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on March 24, 2009, 10:01:46 AM
True but irrelevant. I'm not disagreeing that the Israeli system differs from that of the US, only in the significance of that difference.
You say it is irrelevant, I say it is not.  I demonstrate where I think it is relevant, and you simply disagree with no supporting arguments.  Okay, but don't expect to convince anyone by simply saying "no."

QuoteTrue you used neither term. So?
I have no idea what this response is supposed to mean.  There are literally millions of terms in the English language which I have not used.  You cannot expect me to comment on them all!  :lol:

QuoteSigh.
:lol:  Don't like it when your strawmen burst into flames, eh?

QuoteIt wasn't an analogy - "a lot less than ...".
Well, then I have used no analogies in this thread, either.

QuoteAre you claiming that Mexico is engaged in state-sponsored terrorism against the US?
No.  Are you claiming that Hamas and Hezbollah are states?  They are no more states than the Mexican Army is.

QuoteI am simply disagreeing with your conclusions that a "strong" government, by which you mean apparently the government of the US, would respond with restraint to state-sponsored terrorism against US citizens on US soil. I believe it would not do so, and I challenge you to find an example (a *real* one).
Since that isn't my conclusion, I really don't care if you disagree with it.

QuoteNo amount of you usual semantic quibbling, claiming your opponent is angry, grandstanding for some imaginary audience, brow-beating, claiming your opponent is partial and you are impartial,etc. is gonna distract me. Though it does make me nostalgic for the old Languish.   
Ah, you once again try to drag the argument down to the "usual grumbler tactics" argument, when your intellectual arguments fail.  Well, as you know, I don't play those games.  Accuse me of whatever antics you wish, but I won't dignify the slurs with either a defense or a counter-attack.

QuoteThough you gotta admit, analogizing Mexican cross-border incursions for Hamas attacks - tisk tisk. That's one for the books.  :D
Not as classic as your analogizing the US invasion of Iraq with the Israeli invasion of Gaza!  :lol:  That one alone puts your picture in the dictionary to replace Marti's.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 11:35:26 AM
That would be unnecessary. Israel has already doomed itself to future Arab domination by refusing to implement a two state solution and electing a far right nut job.

Yeah it is entirely Israel's fault a two state solution has not come about yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fate

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:36:54 AM

Fate fails again.

No, you may not have my point. Gaza is densely populated and not "mostly desert."

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 11:47:45 AM

Yeah it is entirely Israel's fault a two state solution has not come about yet.
Indeed. Palestinians cannot be expected to negotiate with an Israeli government that contains dangerous racists such as Lieberman who want to remove Arabs from Israel.

grumbler

You know, the credibility of this statement is every bit as high as the credibility of your assertion that Hamas rocket attacks are not aimed at Israeli civilians.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: Fate on March 24, 2009, 11:47:58 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:36:54 AM

Fate fails again.

No, you may not have my point. Gaza is densely populated and not "mostly desert."

No, your point that there is nowhere in Gaza for Hamas to shoot rockets from that isn't near civilians is rather obviously false.

Like all human occupied areas, Gaza is not uniformly densely populated, and has plenty of empty areas that someone could, if they desired, launch some rockets from so as to protect their own civilians while trying to kill enemy civilians.

You fail. Again.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on March 24, 2009, 11:52:58 AM
You know, the credibility of this statement is every bit as high as the credibility of your assertion that Hamas rocket attacks are not aimed at Israeli civilians.

Indeed, which is as credible as his claim that Hamas cannot find anywhere to launch rockets from that is not near civilians.

His credibility is extremely consistent.

0 rows returned