Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2014, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 16, 2014, 09:28:04 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 16, 2014, 07:10:09 AM
Oh yeah, I look forward to when more and more drones of varying types, owned by businesses, citizens, police and other government agencies, are flying all around.  What could possible go wrong?   <_<
Spoken like every curmudgeon ever.  :lol:

But is he wrong? :yeahright:
Well, he was probably right when he said the same thing about the horseless carriage, the velocipede, and the flying machine, so he's probably right now.  What could possibly go wrong?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

MAH OLD HOMETOWN

QuoteFairborn Stops Gassing Stray Cats
FAIRBORN -- No more gas! The city of Fairborn has decided to stop gassing feral and nuisance cats in the city.

This decision comes after our investigation into the practices of the city's euthanasia practices.

Emotions were running very high during Monday's Fairborn citizen's forum.

Fur was flying as passionate cat lovers championed their dearest cause: every cat's life is meaningful and inhumane treatment is unacceptable.

After Friday's visit to Advance Wildlife Management, city leaders have decided to stop gassing feral cats.

"The facility was clean.  the cats there were  well taken care of. There were three large traps with water and litter," Fairborn's Pete Bales explained.

Things may have looked good, but not good enough to the Greene County Humane Society, who requested changed be made.

First, Advanced Wildlife Management can trap cats but their gassing duties should be put to rest.

"They felt the cats could be put on the website people would have a public area for them to go look for their cats. They felt that solution was the first step in making the situation better," Bales continued.

Homeless cats are now the property of Greene County Animal Control. Cats that are adoptable, will be. Feral cats will be euthanized by lethal injection.

The second and most popular part of the city's plan is to put all the vocal cat lovers to work. The city has suggested a volunteer-based trap-neuter-release committee that would be the first line of defense when a citizen calls the city with a complaint.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Good luck with all the upcoming cat roadkill, Fairbornians. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Oh Lordy, the news was chock full of goodness:

By Breaking News Staff
DAYTON — A Dayton mom accused of speeding down a street with three young children standing on her back bumper is in jail today.
Cynthia Allen, 26, was charged with three counts of child endangering, according to police records.
Several witnesses called police and said they saw Allen drive off with three children, between the ages of 9 and 12, standing on her bumper and hanging onto the spoiler of her Impala.
They said one of the children fell off when the car hit a speed bump. Allen's son, who is 12 years old, told officers he did fall and was scraped on his left side, according to a police report.
Witnesses said they believe Allen was speeding when they saw the incident around 7:30 p.m. Thursday on South Jersey Street, according to police.
They said she told the children to get off the car, and when the kids did not, she drove off, according to the report.
- See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/police-mom-drives-kids-car/nfsBt/#sthash.0Cis5RVQ.dpuf

The Brain

You're gonna need a bigger bumper.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

26 year old mom with a 12 year old kid? Seems about right.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on May 09, 2014, 05:30:46 PM
26 year old mom with a 12 year old kid? Seems about right.

OHIO

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

QuoteA six-year-old boy's temper tantrum was so bad today, school officials in Bellbrook called police.
The incident happened at Stephen Bell elementary at 4122 North Linda Drive. Police were called as a reinforcement, after the child reportedly hit and slapped the principal.
The tantrum apparently happened because the child didn't want to go back inside after field day ended around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Superintendent was not in town, but the business manager for Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools said the child will be disciplined using the code of conduct. The punishment could be anything from a verbal reprimand or expulsion.
- See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/temper-tantrum-forces-bellbrook-school-call-police/nf4Km/#sthash.eR2Vkp5q.dpuf

The twin's school.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Field Day lasted all day at my elementary school.  Maybe now they'll learn.

HVC

Business manager? Is that a normal thing for schools?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2014, 09:07:35 PM
Field Day lasted all day at my elementary school.  Maybe now they'll learn.
Us too, only day I wanted to stay after school ended.

I remember one elementary school Field Day, maybe 4th grade (~9-10 year old).  I got assigned the fat kid as my partner in the three-legged race, and was PISSED.  That dude could barely make it from the playground to the classroom after recess with both legs but he was a machine when attached to me; we ended up getting second place in the whole thing.  :showoff:

garbon

I remember field day. I was like it is hot and humid outside. Yay mosquitoes. You want me to run around? How about letting me back inside so I can take a nap?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2014, 09:20:41 PM
I remember field day. I was like it is hot and humid outside. Yay mosquitoes. You want me to run around? How about letting me back inside so I can take a nap?

You should ave asked your parents to raise you in a decent climate.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 20, 2014, 09:11:31 PM
Business manager? Is that a normal thing for schools?

QuoteBellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools services the families of the  Bellbrook/Sugarcreek Township community, an upscale, residential suburb, located southeast of Dayton.

I'd say yes.  Ed's got it like that:  enough money not to have to let his children go to school with teh blacks.