And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2013, 09:07:51 PM
Through no fault of his own, mind you.

:lol:  Like we have anything in common with communists.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Dulles ensured Castro was a communist before Castro did, numbnuts.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2013, 09:18:06 PM
Dulles ensured Castro was a communist before Castro did, numbnuts.

Oh, sure :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Derspeiss would have side with Hitler against Stalin.  Hell, he would have sided with Hitler against Roosevelt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2013, 01:41:04 AM
Derspeiss would have side with Hitler against Stalin.  Hell, he would have sided with Hitler against Roosevelt.

Ohioans gotta stick together.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

How do they know how many rapes he committed? It was ten years, did he keep a rape diary?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/17/19525433-massive-576-page-indictment-of-alleged-cleveland-kidnapper-reflects-horror-and-seriousness-of-case?lite

QuoteThe charges enumerated in the document include two counts of aggravated murder, 512 counts of kidnapping, 446 counts of rape, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, a half-dozen counts of felonious assault, three counts of child endangerment, and one count of possessing criminal tools.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

One count of possessing criminal tools?  Is that a dick joke?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 17, 2013, 09:18:28 PM
How do they know how many rapes he committed? It was ten years, did he keep a rape diary?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/17/19525433-massive-576-page-indictment-of-alleged-cleveland-kidnapper-reflects-horror-and-seriousness-of-case?lite

QuoteThe charges enumerated in the document include two counts of aggravated murder, 512 counts of kidnapping, 446 counts of rape, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, a half-dozen counts of felonious assault, three counts of child endangerment, and one count of possessing criminal tools.

Reading FTW.  Estimated one count per woman per month, in addition to specific known instances.

The criminal tools charge is a little odd, and on the surface, it looks somewhat like twisting the system a bit to suit public bloodthirst.  According to OH law (http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2941.1417), property forfeiture is only an option when the property in question is declared "criminal tools" by a jury.

I'm willing to grant the Ruger handgun as a "criminal tool," but I have a hard time believing that he obtained the house and his pension account "with purpose to use it criminally." :wacko:

For anybody feeling particularly masochistic or just plain bored, the indictment is available online here: http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf/2013_07_12/Indictment-575419-13-CR.pdf

Warning: wall of text WILL crit you.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Telling that 'The Frenchman' hasn't posted in this thread in a while.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

http://www.wtae.com/news/national/Subway-employees-fired-over-crude-photos/-/9681152/21131990/-/99nbly/-/index.html?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wtae-tv%2Bpittsburgh

Quote(CNN) —Two Subway employees have been fired after getting fresh -- not in the way the restaurant chain intended -- including one who put his genitals on a loaf of bread, took a picture, then shared the image online.

The incident came to light over the past few days at a Subway franchise abutting a gas station in Dublin, Ohio.

Specifically, the uproar centers around two images that were posted to a social networking site and eventually picked up by other sites, including Gawker.

One shows a male putting his genitals on what appears to be a loaf of Subway bread. In the other, a hand is shown holding what used to be a water bottle that's half-filled with a cream-colored substance. Under it is the caption: "Today at work I froze my pee."

Using the slogan "Eat Fresh," Subway boasts being the world's largest restaurant chain, with about 38,000 locations in 100 countries. The company released a statement Tuesday about what it called an "isolated incident (that) is not representative of Subway sandwich artists," the latter term being what Subway calls those who make sandwiches at its restaurants.

"These actions are not tolerated and the franchisee took immediate action to terminate the two employees involved," Subway said.

Gilligan Oil, the company that owns and operates the Subway franchise in question, did not respond immediately Tuesday to CNN's request for comment.

But its director of operations, Bob Gierhart, did tell CNN affiliate WBNS that the restaurant was closed Monday so all its bread could be thrown out and all its surfaces could be sanitized.

"We do our best to hire properly," Gierhart said. "We had a couple of kids who don't understand the ramifications of what they do and what they post."

According to Columbus Public Health, whose inspectors routinely check on restaurants in the area, the Subway franchise did not have any critical violations in its last two inspections that took place this past March and in October 2012.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...