What happened to the gig at the Colts?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 14, 2012, 11:14:45 AM
vice president for strategic engagement at the university

What happened to the gig at the Colts?

He didn't get the Head Coac job, so I'd abandon that for a sweet college gig too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

QuoteCLEVELAND (AP) — A Cleveland woman was charged with murder Saturday in the stabbing death of her best friend, who tried to drive away afterward and fatally struck the accused woman's 2-year-old daughter, police said.

The two women were sitting in a running parked car Thursday when they got into an argument, police said. Kimberly Black left the vehicle, went into her house, returned with a knife and stabbed Sharice Swain in the face and neck, said Sgt. Sammy Morris, a police spokesman.

The wounded Swain then stepped on the gas pedal and hit Black's two young children, who were standing near the car. Two-year-old Kimshia Ruffin was killed, and her 1-year-old sister, Taraji Ruffin, was struck, but her injuries were not considering life-threatening, police said.

Black, 29, was found naked several blocks away and arrested Thursday night. She has been in custody since and wasn't available to comment. It wasn't clear whether she has an attorney.

Black is due in court Monday morning.

Police have not said what started the argument.

It also wasn't clear whether Swain, 29, hit the children intentionally or accidentally. Neighbors who went to the aid of Sharice Swain after she was stabbed think Black was the intended target of the revving vehicle, said Nikki Randall, 30, whose daughter goes to school with Black's 6-year-old daughter.

"It was on purpose," Randall said. "She was actually trying to hit the mama."

The car also struck a house, collapsing the roof of the porch.

The women had been "best friends since birth" and Swain considered Black a cousin, according to the victim's mother, Anita Swain. She said she didn't know what started the argument and declined to comment further.

Black was arrested less than a block away from the location of the now-demolished house where the remains of 11 murdered women were found in 2009. The killer, Anthony Sowell, is appealing his murder conviction and death sentence.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

I'm gonna be in Cleveland next weekend.  Remind me to avoid visiting this neighborhood PLZ. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2012, 05:23:08 AM
I'm gonna be in Cleveland next weekend.  Remind me to avoid visiting this neighborhood PLZ. :)

They don't have a gas station.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Negroes need gas too. :rolleyes:  Re-read that story carefully and think about it. :)

CountDeMoney

Quoten the stabbing death of her best friend, who tried to drive away afterward and fatally struck the accused woman's 2-year-old daughter,

That's an awesome second-strike capability.

Ed Anger

QuoteNo taco prompts man to ram Taco Bell

HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio —

An irate customer showed his displeasure in a big way Tuesday morning at the Taco Bell on Chambersburg Road, according to police.

Police said the ordered a $.99 taco at the drive-up window, and later found he did not have it when he looked in his bag.

Officers said the man went back to the restaurant and started yelling at the cashier.  Police said he then rammed his truck into some glass at the side of the building.

According to officers, the man left the scene, but left a trail of automotive fluid. Police said they followed the fluid trail back to the man's residence, where he was arrested.

The building is brand new too.  :lol:

Tonitrus

Shame for missing this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pcpPoBXxYoE

Toledo bank robber uses Darth Vader mask to hide identity
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 05.23.2012 at 7:25 PM

TOLEDO -- The FBI and Toledo Police are investigating a Wednesday afternoon bank robbery at the Huntington Bank on Monroe Street in Toledo.
The lone gunman walked into the bank around 3 p.m., wearing a plastic Darth Vader mask, when he demanded money from victim tellers.
After getting an undisclosed amount of money,he fled the scene using a dark colored BMX bike.
Authorities describe the man as black, about 5'10" to 6' tall, weighing around 170 pounds, and approximately 20 to 25 years of age.
In addition to the mask, the suspect was wearing a black zippered hoody, black sweat pants, was carrying a black backpack, and was armed with a black
semi-automatic pistol.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the FBI at 419-243-6122 or Toledo Police Crime Stopper Program at 419-255-1111

Ed Anger

sbr

Caliga

Ohio has good sausage.

Ohio, the heart attack of us all

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

QuoteSomething in the "Just Ask" column (Page A3, May 29) disturbed me. According to the column, "the Ohio buckeye, Aesculus glabra, bears flowers with both male and female organs on the same tree. It is a monoecious species."
I couldn't believe this, so I did some research and, sure enough, a science website (forestry.about.com) states that "the Ohio buckeye is polygamo-monoecious, bearing both bisexual and male flowers."
The buckeye is our state tree and most of us gladly wear the nickname, "buckeyes." But it is shameful and unacceptable that a bisexual tree should represent us! We are flaunting the Holy Bible!
I urge everyone to contact their state representative and demand legislation removing the buckeye as our state tree and condemning the use of the term "buckeye" as a nickname for residents of Ohio.
Does anyone know if carnations are bisexual?
Jim Flechtner, Findlay

http://deadspin.com/5919225/ohio-man-wants-buckeye-removed-as-state-tree-because-its-a-bisexual-plant

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 22, 2012, 07:01:49 AM
QuoteSomething in the "Just Ask" column (Page A3, May 29) disturbed me. According to the column, "the Ohio buckeye, Aesculus glabra, bears flowers with both male and female organs on the same tree. It is a monoecious species."
I couldn't believe this, so I did some research and, sure enough, a science website (forestry.about.com) states that "the Ohio buckeye is polygamo-monoecious, bearing both bisexual and male flowers."
The buckeye is our state tree and most of us gladly wear the nickname, "buckeyes." But it is shameful and unacceptable that a bisexual tree should represent us! We are flaunting the Holy Bible!
I urge everyone to contact their state representative and demand legislation removing the buckeye as our state tree and condemning the use of the term "buckeye" as a nickname for residents of Ohio.
Does anyone know if carnations are bisexual?
Jim Flechtner, Findlay

http://deadspin.com/5919225/ohio-man-wants-buckeye-removed-as-state-tree-because-its-a-bisexual-plant

Sad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.