And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 17, 2024, 09:31:29 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 17, 2024, 09:23:58 AMRomania is a NATO member, and a really reliable one, unlike Orban's Hungary.  :P

Shouldn't have been all uppity in Paris after the war :P

Players from Austria, Croatia, Romania, Serbia (?) Slovakia and Ukraine would indeed have been handy, OTOH.  :P

Valmy

Hungary just picked the worst possible moment to both have their branding all over Austria-Hungary while also embracing Bolshevism.

Besides, I can't help but notice they never also show all the territory Austria lost. As if Hungary was unique in having its terrotory broken up into nation states.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Send all these pathetic Ukrainians to the Russian front
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2024, 09:53:42 AMSend all these pathetic Ukrainians to the Russian front

Given how poor the defence was, I really don't think it's a good idea.

Duque de Bragança

That's only Romania's second victory at the EURO... First one was in 2000 vs England, 3-2.  :lol:

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 17, 2024, 09:57:21 AMThat's only Romania's second victory at the EURO... First one was in 2000 vs England, 3-2.  :lol:

These statistics, though, have effectively lost their meaning with the expansion and dilution of the tournament.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 17, 2024, 09:55:12 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2024, 09:53:42 AMSend all these pathetic Ukrainians to the Russian front

Given how poor the defence was, I really don't think it's a good idea.

:pinch:

It is weird watching a team whose country is at war.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2024, 09:59:30 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 17, 2024, 09:57:21 AMThat's only Romania's second victory at the EURO... First one was in 2000 vs England, 3-2.  :lol:

These statistics, though, have effectively lost their meaning with the expansion and dilution of the tournament.

That's what people claimed when the tournament was enlarged to 16 teams in 1996. Probably some complaints as well when it went from 4 to 8 in 1980.  :P

Barrister

I thought picking Ukraine would be my "homer" pick - but then I checked the betting odds and yes Ukraine was favoured.

What happened?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Austrian fans snapping baguettes in half in front of the French fans. This is football.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

They stole the Albanians bit!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

God dammit. At least everyone picked wrong :lol:

HVC

Hungarian nemisises (nemisi?) having a good day.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on June 17, 2024, 11:15:25 AMHungarian nemisises (nemisi?) having a good day.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 17, 2024, 10:38:21 AMAustrian fans snapping baguettes in half in front of the French fans. This is football.

I wonder if those French fans will remind them of the origin of the French croissant:P  :frog: