News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2024, 05:09:31 PMYou don't need to trust the Jews.  They've made a falsifiable claim based on publicly available data, that the total deliveries of food into Gaza are sufficient to feed the population.

The Muslim, on the other hand, has made claims about intentions, which are not falsifiable.

The requirement is to allow the people to be fed, not to send x trucks across the Gaza border.  It is also noteworthy that the Federgruen and Kivetz report to the Jerusalem Post
1. Isn't published and peer reviewed
2. Talks only in the present tense,
3. Contains politically-charged phrases like "myth that Israel is responsible for famine in Gaza" and a "famine that never was, hoping to stop the war [in Gaza]."

In short, their report isn't very persuasive and seems to start with their conclusion and then added data that would support it.  Multiple UN agencies, news organizations, and humanitarian oarganizations like MSF, based on reports from people on the ground in Gaza, report famine and near-famine conditions in Gaza, while Federgruen and Kivetz report from their comfy offices in NYC that no such famine exists.

I'm calling bullshit. 

I don't have any feeling for the propriety of the claims by the ICC prosecutor that the famine is caused by willful actions on the part of Israel's leadership, so I am not saying that he is right or wrong, but the Federgruen and Kivetz report gives me no reason to believe that the ICC is wrong.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

If the food is getting in what is keeping people from being fed?  Oh.  Hamas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

One of the far-left Hamas supporters in Congress just lost the race in a primary in New York.  I hope it's a sign that antisemitism hasn't yet become totally normalized on the left in the US.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2024, 10:35:52 PMOne of the far-left Hamas supporters in Congress just lost the race in a primary in New York.  I hope it's a sign that antisemitism hasn't yet become totally normalized on the left in the US.

Didn't he get like 41% of the votes though? That's still pretty depressing.

chipwich

An incumbent in a primary election getting 41% is dismal.

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2024, 10:35:52 PMOne of the far-left Hamas supporters in Congress just lost the race in a primary in New York.  I hope it's a sign that antisemitism hasn't yet become totally normalized on the left in the US.

Antisemitism? Hamas supporter? :blink:
Googling I see the Israel lobby funded a bunch of attack ads accusing him of this but I'm not seeing any actual evidence of it?
Not a guy I particularly know much about so maybe its out there that he has some dodgy comments on record. But I very much doubt he supports Hamas.

The real story here however isn't one of antisemitism so much as the power and influence of pro-Israel groups.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Well, that's good news.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2024, 01:47:02 AM

Bowman is a nut.  Not even fellow Democrats liked him.  His erratic behavior and asinine reasoning for his votes is what cost him his seat.  Good riddance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

He had other leftwing positions besides Israel opinions, it isn't like he was elected because he was anti-Israel. But you can get those positions without the Israel stuff. And you really have to fuck up to be an incumbent and only get 41% of the vote in a primary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2024, 08:36:46 AM

Bowman is a nut.  Not even fellow Democrats liked him.  His erratic behavior and asinine reasoning for his votes is what cost him his seat.  Good riddance.

Yep. He would frequently be voting with guys like Thomas Massie. His conspiracy nuttery was really tiresome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2024, 12:59:01 PM

Yep. He would frequently be voting with guys like Thomas Massie. His conspiracy nuttery was really tiresome.

Isn't he the guy that pulled the fire alarm?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 26, 2024, 01:48:41 PMIsn't he the guy that pulled the fire alarm?

Yes  :lol:

I had forgotten about that.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2024, 12:59:01 PM

Massie is kinda anti-Israel as well.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2024, 01:54:03 PMMassie is kinda anti-Israel as well.

Yes he is. there never was a conspiracy theory Massie doesn't at least dabble in.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on June 26, 2024, 03:24:13 AMAntisemitism? Hamas supporter? :blink:
Googling I see the Israel lobby funded a bunch of attack ads accusing him of this but I'm not seeing any actual evidence of it?
Not a guy I particularly know much about so maybe its out there that he has some dodgy comments on record. But I very much doubt he supports Hamas.

The real story here however isn't one of antisemitism so much as the power and influence of pro-Israel groups.

What would constitute evidence of anti-Semitism?