News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 years of Languishing

Started by garbon, September 20, 2023, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I was feeling a little nostalgic when I saw on p'dox forum people were being amazed at those registered more than 10 years ago. I know mongers touched on it with this thread earlier this year (https://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,16694.0.html) but I wanted to say specifically cheers to Languish (in its incarnation post project Keewie :P).

I literally don't know what my life would be like without you all.  :D

I also found this on p'dox forum from back in '03.
QuoteIf anyone wants to discuss the war with Iraq without as many restrictions of this board, then feel free to join the discussions over at Languish Forums. There is already a few of us from this board over there. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

This place is probably the most stable thing my life ever had.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I'm a late comer, only coming here in 2004, but it's for all intents and puposes my second living room and the longest I've been part of, well, anything. :)

Glad to have met you all in person or IRL (my natural shyness/introversion notwithstanding). :cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2023, 06:59:26 AMChrist we're getting old.

You might be getting old, I have arrived at that destination and let's not talk about Grumbler.

Crazy_Ivan80

grumbler

This had always been my main online refuge from the flood of crap that infests almost every other online community I visit.

Twenty years is simply not enough.  As Crazy Ivan says, let's do twenty more and then take stock of where we are.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

I was originally a KAPLander who then migrated here. I think I saw a link in Buddha's Paradox profile that led me there? Oh, what a long strange trip it has been.  :ccr
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

celedhring

I was in one of the first iterations of the forum, but never posted much and missed the migrations. Then Larchie brought me here like... 10 years ago? Christ, tempus does indeed fucking fugit.

Barrister

Yeah it's been a wild trip.  For such an innocuous beginning (I mean - it was a board set up as refugees from a computer game forum so we could discuss the Iraq war) it's been a noticeable part of my life for these 20 years now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Yeah it's been a bit of a thing.

:cheers: all

viper37

:cheers:

I can't imagine what life would be without this board. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

I wasn't the first wave, but I think I was relatively soon. Don't recall how I even came. Wasn't much in the Iraq stuff. Think like one post I can recall. Was also part of KAPland.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Yeah, personally I'm a KAPlander. We got amalgamated into languish at some point.