News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 years of Languishing

Started by garbon, September 20, 2023, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2023, 02:11:57 AMGrab On so sentimental.  :cry:

Cool thread.

And they say men have trouble expressing emotions to one another. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Really strange what things last.
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Languish is Lindy.

Just don't complain about tornadoes in your backyard.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2023, 02:11:57 AMGrab On so sentimental.  :cry:

Cool thread.

I think the site has mellowed a lot, as a whole. Partially everyone just growing up more, and partially because a lot of the edgier alumni are no longer here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 20, 2023, 08:52:35 AM
Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2023, 06:59:26 AMChrist we're getting old.

You might be getting old, I have arrived at that destination and let's not talk about Grumbler.

I'm 57... :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Time to start planning a few years in advance the ultimate languish meet before you gadgies croak? :p
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on September 21, 2023, 05:33:25 AMTime to start planning a few years in advance the ultimate languish meet before you gadgies croak? :p

Maybe we should start a pool over who's gonna go first?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 04:57:14 AM

Cool thread.

I think the site has mellowed a lot, as a whole. Partially everyone just growing up more, and partially because a lot of the edgier alumni are no longer here.

Also, people don't have that much time on their hands anymore.  :P

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2023, 06:32:36 AM(snip)

I also found this on p'dox forum from back in '03.
QuoteIf anyone wants to discuss the war with Iraq without as many restrictions of this board, then feel free to join the discussions over at Languish Forums. There is already a few of us from this board over there. :)

Who posted this?  I was one of the early proponents of the move, but don't recall who else was doing it, and I can no longer log in to paradox forums.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

chipwich

I don't post very often but I've read this forum every day that I've had internet access.

Josephus

I used to engage earlier on a lot more on political issues. But after a decade or so it dawned on me that those of you who think wrongly can never be convinced of the truth  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on September 21, 2023, 08:34:26 AMI used to engage earlier on a lot more on political issues. But after a decade or so it dawned on me that those of you who think wrongly can never be convinced of the truth  ;)

Good self reflection

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Languish . . . dying since 2003.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Darth Wagtaros

I occasionally find some of the godawful Photochops I used ot make for KAPland or Languish in my archives.
PDH!