News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

20 years of Languishing

Started by garbon, September 20, 2023, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Valmy

It is kind of amazing when I think of all the things that have happened in my life since I started posting on Languish. Basically my entire adult life.

Love you guys. Here is to 20 more when we can start grumbling about living on a fixed income and chatting about our grandchildren.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 21, 2023, 09:53:10 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 21, 2023, 09:23:16 AMWe need new blood.

We need legacy blood.

Languish's continuation depends on those of you with crotch fruit*.

*our forum search couldn't tell me if two or one words. :sleep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 08:11:19 AMOriginal post: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/iraqi-stuff-here-only-part-3.77090/page-99#post-1425590

(Account is unmerged, so had to use a quote further down to confirm :D )

Thanks.  Another member I didn't recall until now.  Which user with "Captain" in the name was the one we used to tease GF with by pretending we thought that GF was just a sock of the "Captain" poster?  Or maybe it wasn't "Captain" but some  other title.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 21, 2023, 09:23:16 AMWe need new blood.

We also need to get the old blood to start posting here again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on September 21, 2023, 11:54:11 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 08:11:19 AMOriginal post: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/iraqi-stuff-here-only-part-3.77090/page-99#post-1425590

Thanks.  Another member I didn't recall until now.  Which user with "Captain" in the name was the one we used to tease GF with by pretending we thought that GF was just a sock of the "Captain" poster?  Or maybe it wasn't "Captain" but some  other title.

Are you thinking of General Wolfe?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Captain Crunch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

... of Incan Torpedo Boat fame.

FunkMonk

We should advertise.

ARE YOU GRUMPY AND OLD? JOIN US NOW. FREE HISTORY BOOK ON REGISTRATION.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2023, 12:04:08 PM

Captain Crunch.

Captain Crunch was definitely both a Captain and a former poster, but I'm convinced grumbles was thinking of Gen. Wolfe.  It wasn't so much we thought one was a sock puppet of the other, but people would confuse their names, either accidentally or for comedic effect.  Think General Fox, Grey Wolfe, that kind of thing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 21, 2023, 12:48:09 PMWe should advertise.

ARE YOU GRUMPY AND OLD? JOIN US NOW. FREE HISTORY BOOK ON REGISTRATION.
:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

We can start a Languish: the next generation. Those of you with kids have them start a new Languish.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011