News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2024, 08:48:48 PMI'm sure that'll make a huge difference in... Iowa.

But keep up the good fight Yi. :hug:

You patronizing Canucklehead wig wearing Timbits eating fuck.

I did my little bit in fighting back against the existential Trumpian threat.  Show me your dick if you're going to make  fun of mine.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2024, 11:07:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2024, 08:48:48 PMI'm sure that'll make a huge difference in... Iowa.

But keep up the good fight Yi. :hug:

You patronizing Canucklehead wig wearing Timbits eating fuck.

I did my little bit in fighting back against the existential Trumpian threat.  Show me your dick if you're going to make  fun of mine.

#NeverTrump

You sensed sarcasm where none was intended.  Iowa is absolutely certain to go for Trump, but I appreciate you fighting the good fight. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

The issue was never about Trump making gains so much as Biden losing support. Trump's total is pretty much set. Biden's (or another Democrat's) total is not. That variable is what will win or lose the election. Motivating and appealing to potential voters to be actual voters. I don't see Biden being able to improve those numbers anymore. There is simply too much baggage, real or imagined, between his age, Hunter, his past, and his general capacity to do the job. I think a different candidate will be a major improvement in that regard. All of the ammo that Republicans have built up against Biden will be useless. They'll have to either manufacture new outrages and attacks against the replacement to dissuade possible voters or try to win them over to voting for Trump. The first I feel takes too much effort to offset the bump Democrats will get and the second I just don't see happening at all. As I said, his numbers are set and won't see any big changes up or down.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

I watched about 5 minutes of the RNC yesterday by accident. i saw some supporters wearing bandages on their ear I guess to support Trump or something. I lol'd. These were the same people who wouldn't put on a mask in the grocery store for 10 minutes.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Makes sense. They want to be able to speak freely, but they don't want to listen to others or hear the truth. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quotet comes after a Presidential Voting Intention poll of 3,601 swing state voters by Redfield & Wilton Strategies, found that Trump's margins over President Joe Biden have narrowed since June in two key swing states: Florida and North Carolina.

Trump previously defeated Biden in both states in 2020, while he held a six-point lead over Biden in Florida in a Redfield & Wilton Strategies poll from that June.

However, he now only leads the current president by four points in Florida. The poll shows that 45 percent of participants plan to vote for Trump, compared to Biden's 41 percent.

It is not the only recent poll to give Trump only a four-point lead in Florida. A June Fox News survey gave Trump 50 percent of the vote, compared to 46 percent for Biden.
Weird to see talk of Florida. I thought it was accepted it was no longer a swing state and had embraced insanity.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

So Biden's Covid announcement followed his indication that if he were told to, would resign due to health reason. Are we already seeing his face-saving resignation unfold?

Grey Fox

I think that's still up in the air but it would be a sensible step 1.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2024, 10:23:01 AMSo Biden's Covid announcement followed his indication that if he were told to, would resign due to health reason. Are we already seeing his face-saving resignation unfold?

One might hope so. At least he has so far not suggested drinking chlorine.

DGuller

I hope he doesn't try to save face.  I hope he goes "I really thought I could go for another term, and I still do, but I'm convinced now that rightly or wrongly I'm not the best person to stop Trump.  I can't put the future of my country at risk."  He should bow out in a way that tries to save the country, not his face.

Tamas

I think I have only heard this from Republicans but I must admit him allegedly wanting to stick around to pardon his junkie son makes sense.

DGuller

I don't think it makes sense.  Dropping out as a candidate doesn't necessitate resigning as president.  He can pardon him during the winter regardless.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on July 18, 2024, 12:20:25 PMI don't think it makes sense.  Dropping out as a candidate doesn't necessitate resigning as president.  He can pardon him during the winter regardless.

Could Trump revoke the pardon?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2024, 12:22:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 18, 2024, 12:20:25 PMI don't think it makes sense.  Dropping out as a candidate doesn't necessitate resigning as president.  He can pardon him during the winter regardless.

Could Trump revoke the pardon?
The Constitution doesn't allow it, but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to if he wanted to.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2024, 12:17:38 PMI think I have only heard this from Republicans but I must admit him allegedly wanting to stick around to pardon his junkie son makes sense.
I don't believe he has been sentenced yet, so it might be a moot point if the sentence is pretty lenient.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."