News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

While (obviously) not confirmed, this monarch is rumored to have died from a disease he caught from a peasant girl he raped.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

OttoVonBismarck

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

That ugly french king from The Borgias Charles something. I'm thinking post facto casting based on later severe syphillis.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

OttoVonBismarck

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Wild guess: Baldwin of Jerusalem.  He was thought to be leper but leprosy was fairly vague diagnosis at the time and nobody knew how you contracted it.  Viking is probably on the right track with syphillis, which would place the king after the Colombian exchange.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

OttoVonBismarck

No to all those; and unless I'm mistaken Louis XVI did not die of disease or natural causes--having been publicly beheaded.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 11:54:48 AM
No to all those; and unless I'm mistaken Louis XVI did not die of disease or natural causes--having been publicly beheaded.

Could have been leprosy.  His head falling off at the same time as being placed in the guillotine may have simply been a coincidence.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 11:54:48 AM

On January 21st, no less.   :smoke:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr