News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on January 21, 2012, 02:43:32 PM
The USA? Simply for the irony factor and because I think I recall reading that Castro turned to the Soviet Union only after he'd tried to get into bed with the Americans.

Not that I'm aware of.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2012, 03:05:14 PM
Yugoslavia.

Nope and no.

It's not a very good question, so I'll give you the answer- The UK in the form of the Hawker aircraft company, more details here:

http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/ArticGiron1-e.html

Note the role played by the British technicians and the important role played by the aircraft and especially the supplied rockets during the Bay of Pigs.  :bowler:

One of the surviving gate guards in Cuba:

Open floor.

Ideologue

Oh, someone would've guessed the UK eventually.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I thought I put an answer up.  Oh well, it wasn't the correct answer.  Mine was Czechoslovakia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

In 1420, Henry V entered Paris as a conqueror.

Who was the next foreign monarch to enter the city as a conqueror?

OttoVonBismarck

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Zoupa

Alexander II, tsar of all Russias, 1814.