News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

The answer was lead. I'm out for the weekend so feel free.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on July 31, 2009, 04:36:11 PM
The answer was lead. I'm out for the weekend so feel free.

Alles fliesst. In terms of civil engineering should be a lubricant. It sounds strange. Do you have any more detail about it?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Since the floor is free...

on March 25, 1945, PM Winston Churchill visited eisenhower's headquarters on the front.  Later that day he, Montgomery, and a few officers actually crossed the Rhine river for a short visit, before returning to the other side and returning home.

What two things did Churchill do while on the other side of the Rhine?

(no idea if this is ridiculously easy or not - I'd never heard the story till a few days ago).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Shoot and consume a German soldier.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 05:26:08 PM

on March 25, 1945, PM Winston Churchill visited eisenhower's headquarters on the front.  Later that day he, Montgomery, and a few officers actually crossed the Rhine river for a short visit, before returning to the other side and returning home.

(no idea if this is ridiculously easy or not - I'd never heard the story till a few days ago).

Drink whiskey and smoke a cigar.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

It's entirely possible he smoked a cigar, but that's not what I was looking for.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Was Churchill still Prime minister then?

I'm going with "banged a hooker and killed a German".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Oh and Cal was right on my question.  His brother went to France joined the army and became a General, and fought for the Free French.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Armyknife on July 31, 2009, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 05:26:08 PM

He took a piss.

And a wild guess, was sick.

Yes, he pissed (on the ground though - German soil, not in the river).

That of course was the amusing part, but he also made a point of doing something else.

Viking

1) Insulted Stalin (hey! I got to germany first! U suXXorZ)
2) Tried to plot with FDR against Stalin
3) Symbolically ordered an attack to be launched.
4) Visited a site connected to his "Illustrious Ancestor"

these are my guesses, just to save time.

but then again, pissing and smoking are two things.

Ed Anger

Went back in time and ejaculated into the primordial ooze.

Barrister

He may have smoked a cigar, but thee was no reference to that.

Since the crowd seems bored with this one, I'll just say they had lunch.  There was a funny photo of Churchill, Montgomery, and a few others huddled around a tiny folding table having a picnic on a cold March day on the banks of the Rhine in the middle of a war zone.

The first of Anger or Armyknife can give the next question.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 06:20:12 PM
He may have smoked a cigar, but thee was no reference to that.

Since the crowd seems bored with this one, I'll just say they had lunch.  There was a funny photo of Churchill, Montgomery, and a few others huddled around a tiny folding table having a picnic on a cold March day on the banks of the Rhine in the middle of a war zone.

The first of Anger or Armyknife can give the next question.

I have nothing.