Which restaurant will establish a monopoly to serve us all our food?

Started by alfred russel, June 02, 2021, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the world moves toward monopolies, which restaurant will establish a monopoly to serve us all our food?

McDonalds
7 (36.8%)
Taco Bell
5 (26.3%)
Chipotle
1 (5.3%)
Wendy's
1 (5.3%)
Five Guys
1 (5.3%)
Dunkin Donuts
0 (0%)
Subway
1 (5.3%)
White Castle (Stoner Option)
0 (0%)
Dunkin Donuts (Boston Option)
0 (0%)
Jack in the Box (Jaron Option)
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Syt

My curiosity got the better of me, so I ordered some Five Guys.

Bacon cheeseburger, with tomato, salad, grilled jalapenos and onions, BBQ sauce. With extra patty EUR 18.50 (base price is 15.50). There was hardly any sauce, or onions, or jalapenos, leaving a surprisingly bland burger - I've had better burgers at McD's, I'm sorry to say. Fries (regular - EUR 6.50) were ok-ish? I ordered cajun fries, not salty, but they were super salty, and they gave me cajun spice in a little plastic vat? Err ... :unsure:

Verdict: won't repeat; there's plenty other burger places (and with better quality at that).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I'm with DG.

I hate Subway because I loathe choice in food.

I feel the same with Five Guys where - here at least - you have to choose all the bits you want in your burger.

When it comes to fast food (or indeed - restaurant food) the only choice I really want to have to make is the condiment :blush:

Edit: I also feel the same with coffee. The only thing where I might find the mad assortment of decisions fun is bubble tea :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2021, 07:08:54 AM
EUR 18.50 (base price is 15.50).

:wacko:

I haven't been to five guys in forever but i think the US price is maybe 2/5ths of that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

I've taken to trying to cook my own food lately (previously I just got stuff out).  The results are promising and scientists predict I will make an edible meal sometime before 2035.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017