Which restaurant will establish a monopoly to serve us all our food?

Started by alfred russel, June 02, 2021, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the world moves toward monopolies, which restaurant will establish a monopoly to serve us all our food?

McDonalds
7 (36.8%)
Taco Bell
5 (26.3%)
Chipotle
1 (5.3%)
Wendy's
1 (5.3%)
Five Guys
1 (5.3%)
Dunkin Donuts
0 (0%)
Subway
1 (5.3%)
White Castle (Stoner Option)
0 (0%)
Dunkin Donuts (Boston Option)
0 (0%)
Jack in the Box (Jaron Option)
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Shitpotle, Taco Smell?  :yuk: You should ask Yi for some pointers on how to make nicknames.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

I've heard it as "Shit City" but that have been a local thing...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Also, Carl's Jr. should be in this poll too.  Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Rex Francorum

Never went to Taco Bell, Chipotle and Pizza Hut. So I guess the idea of a monopoly for them is less prevalent. Only went once to a Wendy.

My answer was Subway. McDonald's had a better situation 20-30 years ago with less competition back then.
To rent

grumbler

Quote from: Rex Francorum on June 06, 2021, 03:30:39 PM
Never went to Taco Bell, Chipotle and Pizza Hut. So I guess the idea of a monopoly for them is less prevalent. Only went once to a Wendy.

My answer was Subway. McDonald's had a better situation 20-30 years ago with less competition back then.

Sogway would be my last choice.  Only the fact that they are cheap keeps them in business, and even then only when there's no better option.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

I went to Subway a few times.  The sandwiches looked impressive on paper, and the price was low, but I was invariably disappointed with the quality.  It always tasted bad, somehow.  I have decided that I will never go to a Subway again if I have a choice. 

Josquius

I never got the idea that Subway are cheap. Maybe the US and HK are different but everywhere I've ran into Subway they're really not.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on June 07, 2021, 07:44:57 AM
I never got the idea that Subway are cheap. Maybe the US and HK are different but everywhere I've ran into Subway they're really not.

They're definitely considered cheap in the US, but since I won't go to the US ones I sure haven't ever been to one in some other country.  I'll take your word for them not being cheap outside the US and HK.

In any case, the chain is shrinking pretty significantly, though that's more due to idiotic franchising decisions in the past than due to fall in demand.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 07, 2021, 07:44:57 AM

:huh:

In what way is Subway a non-cheap option? Definitely price competitive versus say Eat/Pret.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.